• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Pearls of Wisdom

Runner

Cyburbian
"The public is a thick-skinned beast and you have to keep whacking away on its hide to let it know you're there."
-Walt Whitman

Bullwinkle

Cyburbian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
–Ernest Hemingway

Jeff

Cyburbian
"If a chick is hot a 2am, why didn't you notice her at 10pm?"

-Mike DeVuono

SGB

Cyburbian
My experience in government is that when things are non-controversial and beautifully coordinated, there is not much going on.
- - John F. Kennedy

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
"Be Good, or Be Good At It"
-Roxanne Bogenski, UW-Oshkosh Class of 1988

el Guapo

Capitalist
Gentlemen the key to life, and basic training, is to show up on time - everytime. Bring a ballpoint pen and something to write on.

SSG Fisher 1986

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
My old signature line:

"Planning without action is futile, action without planning is fatal." -- F. Sherkow

nerudite

Cyburbian
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I've posted it before, but it is a favorite:

"Any public action which is not customary either is wrong, or if it is right, is a dangerous precedent. It follows that nothing should ever be done for the first time." - F.M. Cornford

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Never criticize a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes, because then you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

--I forget

The Irish One

Never criticize a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes, because then yo

that sounds like jack handey

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

jack handey

donk

Cyburbian
I can laugh at myself, but it is more fun to laugh at others.

Original

Dan, yours sounds like something out of Coupland's Shampoo Planet, it is so Madge.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Never criticize a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes, because then yo

The Irish one said:
that sounds like jack handey
If trees screamed, would we still cut them down? And if they screamed all the time... would we cut all of them down?

Jack

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
"I beleive that a woman should be placed on a pedestal.... just high enough to see up her skirt"
- S. Martin

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Life is like a box of chocolates, except life doesn't make you tubby.

Jeff

Cyburbian
He who sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother.

-William Shakespeare

Seabishop

Cyburbian
"Every rose has its thorn
Just every cowboy sings a sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn"

Poison

The Irish One

Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick

jack handey