• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Peeves?

Glomer

I think that everything was deleted and it was to start anew in FAC. At least that is what I had thought I had read.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Threads in the Planning Peeves has been relocated to the Friday Afternoon Club. They will be be re-educated.

See http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1296 . My message to the mods:

I got rid of the beloved Planning Peeves board. Planning Peeves came into existence several years ago, before Cyburbia had a general, all-purpose doesn't-have-to-be-serious-or-even-planning-related discussion area like the relatively new Friday Afternoon Club.

All of the messages in PP fit well with the character and intent of FAC, so it doesn't seem to make sense keeping both boards.
The Web's busiest bulletin boards usually don't have more than 10 subtopic areas, or 15 at the most. It's also easier for users to keep track of fewer forums.

One advantage of a bullwtin board like this one is that you don't really have to trim messages; they eventually "scroll away," and are archived a few pages in. Old messages probably won't ever be deleted, although I may eventually cull old requests for information that went unreplied.