• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Humor 🤣 People from up and coming cities

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Which to be fair, is a pretty cool city. I went to the MASC conference there in 2019 and enjoyed the downtown very much. But that video is hilarious.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
Something tells me that comedian who did the video got one too many business cards at local Chamber of Commerce events.
I watched another video or two on his channel. It's toned down a wee bit in this video, but his entire schtick seems to be to satirize dooshbros.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I watched another video or two on his channel. It's toned down a wee bit in this video, but his entire schtick seems to be to satirize dooshbros.
The southern fraternity douchebro, anyhow. If there was a lacrosse match between the best Southern douchebros, and Iroquois Confederacy kids who were picked last for the team in gym class, I'd put my money on the Haudenosaunee.

There's a Ivy League university in town, but you'd be surprised at the lack of douchebros on campus or in town. Most students there seem ... normal. Sure, a lot have well-off parents, but aside from nicer cars and a lot of Canada Goose, they wouldn't seem out of place at any other typical North American university.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The sequel: People From Up and Coming Art Cities

Lots of opportunities here! It's a Subaru. Art city vibes. Subaru.

Vandalism is actually art here.

We are actually going to gentrify -- uhh, renovate these abandoned buildings.
No, these are art studios.
Really?
People work here. Yeah, they like it like this.

That last bit screams :bison:

Doohickie

Cyburbian
Not as good as the first one.

I have, though, been to an art show at an Urban Outfitters.

Curious: are murals a thing everywhere? We've had tons of new murals going up. Cheap urban renewal until they get tagged with graffiti.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
Oh we've got dozens of murals and new ones going up all the time.

There's more than meets the eye with this one. It's a mural depicting the Chisholm Trail Cattle Drives but the side of the building is flat. All the architectural details including the windows are painted as part of the mural