• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Perhaps God is trying to tell them something

nerudite

Cyburbian
Ugh... this reminds me of New Year's Eve in Caliofornia. I lived in a predominantly Mexican neighourhood in Woodland CA, where people would shoot their guns in to the air during New Years (and occasionally the 4th of July). I was scared to leave the house for fear of being shot by a stray bullet... no lie. You hear the gun shots for about five to ten minutes after midnight along with a bunch of fireworks (yeah, I know the difference... I'm from L.A. ;) ).

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
Sigh...why do 99% of the stupid-a$$ American stories have to come from the South??
[snooty]
You really have to ask?
[/snooty] :)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
The article did not mention if he had died
He would have to have died to be true Darwin Award winner,
higher honor if self-inflicted.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Beautiful.
The only thing that could make this story any better would be if Al Sharpton were to send this guy a get well card.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Brilliant...
Although we had a good one here too..
A guy installed a converter kit so he could use compressed natural gas as fuel (besides gasoline), but since the guy hired faulty mechanics and they installed a faulty kit also. So what happened? When the guy when to a gas pump to put in gasoline, the guy in charge of the pump asked him about the strong smell of natural gas. The guy had the CNG tank in the trunk, so he didn't think of anything better than opening the trunk. Gas+ a spark from the light of the trunk= BOOOM!
2 dead 2 injured.
Thankfully the gas station didn't explode with the car.
The wife of the (dead)guy, is the daughter of the owner of the auto-repair store in which the faulty kit, and has also been investigated due to illegal and faulty car checkings.
Stupidity at it's finest!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
That story is second only to the classic KKK act of stupidity - getting your robe lit on fire by the cross. How can people this stupid pretend they're the Master Race?

El Feo

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Sigh...why do 99% of the stupid-a$$ American stories have to come from the South??
I'll send you several copies of the Boston Globe and Boston Herald. You'll feel much better...