• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Philly's new ad campaign

Jeff

Cyburbian
As I've mentioned before, Philadelphia, PA is beginning a new marketing program to try to get residents to stay in the city or move back to it.

Some of the new "experimental" advertising has come out. Unfortunatley, the .jpeg are not on the website along with the story becuase I think most here would appreciate them.

Ad #1 is the picture of a standard subdivision (aerial view) with the text: Cookie cutters, they're for the kitchen not the house.

Ad #2 is the picture along a commercial highway cluttered with gas stations signs, fast food signs, starbucks, etc. with the text: Get a real skyline.

All ads have at the bottom:

MO
VE in

Live Life in Philadelphia

The MOVE is done up like the "LOVE" from love park in Philly if you know what that looks like.

I'm gonna send the Philly Daily News an e-mail to see if I can get a .jpeg of the ad.

nerudite

Cyburbian
That sounds really interesting... I hope you can get your hands on some jpegs.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'm just thinking that the word "MOVE" might hae negative connotations in Philadelphia. I'm reminded of a certain event about 10 or 15 years ago, which concluded with a burning block of rowhouses.

One ad campaign for an infill New Urbanist commuity in Orlando used the slogan "Suburbs are so 1997."

green22

INACTIVE
I hope that the current mayor sees the adds and starts to think about some rehabilitation instead of demolition. The new neighborhood they're building in the middle of the city south of Girard looks like your typical auto oriented cookie cutter subdivision to me, complete with dead end streets, metal fences and new strip malls along the arterial, (Girard).