• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Phone notification sounds

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Know-It-All was criticizing the notification sound on my phone (it was some sort of Star Trek related thing). I changed it to me just yelling her name very loudly. I wonder what will happen next. Stay tuned.
I used to have a coupe different notification sounds on my phone. My go-to were the "1 up" sound from Mario Brothers and some R2D2 squeeks. I got a new phone last year and no longer have those. I need to figure out how to get them back.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I used to have a coupe different notification sounds on my phone. My go-to were the "1 up" sound from Mario Brothers and some R2D2 squeeks. I got a new phone last year and no longer have those. I need to figure out how to get them back.
Zedge is a really good app for those. That's what I use.

In other news, I have no idea how people keep confusing rear lot lines on corner lots. The rear line is always the line parallel to the freaking front line. That's how it works. This isn't rocket surgery here.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Know-It-All was criticizing the notification sound on my phone (it was some sort of Star Trek related thing). I changed it to me just yelling her name very loudly. I wonder what will happen next. Stay tuned.
TOTALLY not angling for a thread split here...

Mrs. Bubba and I both upgraded our phones a few weeks ago - we've been dueling ever since on the various notification sounds, trying to find the least annoying ones that allow us to differentiate them from each other. But, my ringtone is a carry over from my previous phone, and probably annoying as hell when I'm in the office (which is why I generally keep it on vibrate when I'm in there):

I use the album version of this track for the ringtone - it's best when turned up to eleven. :cool:

Big Owl

Cyburbian
My work cell is the generic iphone ringtone. I am okay with it because if I forget to put it on do not disturb or vibrate when I am in a meeting; nobody really knows where the noise is coming from. My personal phone has a factory ringtone but I have a different ringtone for my wife and kids so I know when they call.

DVD

Cyburbian
My notice is just an old time car horn and the ring tone my office enjoyed when I forgot to silence my phone and walked away from my desk. It's called Thunder and Blazes: Entry March of the Gladiators.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Man this has worked better than I could have ever dreamed! It keeps going off and she is so upset. I asked her if she prefers the original one to the new, she said "yes, please change it back". I told her I forgot how.

I found out that the Active911 app we use for fire department stuff also includes a set of its own notification settings. I can probably use one of the pager sounds on something unrelated and act like there is a call when there isn't one so I can leave whenever.

Planit

Cyburbian
DVD - that was one of the songs The Girl's high school band just performed at the Spring concert, but I digress.

A good friend of mine had several personalized ringtones for different people. For his wife it started out with the Star Trek alert sound then said "It's The Wife" in a very warning tone. I found out later for me it was Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" - he never told me why. RIP John.

Work phone & personal phone have distinct tones for calls, texts & alerts so I know which phone to pull out of my pocket. Thanks to AG, I downloaded zedge and going to try it out. The drum intro to Van Halen's Hot for Teacher may just be my new ringtone - maybe not. Just have to listen.

Bubba

Cyburbian
A good friend of mine had several personalized ringtones for different people.
Mrs. Bubba has a personalized notification sound for texts from me - it's a bottle cap opening. Then again, the avatar she has for me in her contacts is a photo of me hugging a beer vending machine, so go figure...

Salmissra

Cyburbian
On my previous phone, I had several different ringtones for different people. When I switched to the new phone, I did lose the external tones that I'd found/saved.

I exported a few songs to the phone to use as ringtones. My general tones is the theme to Stargate Atlantis. Hubby has a separate tone, as do the parental units. However, text notifications are one of the pre-loaded options, but not the top of the list. I may play around with that now, just for fun.

At Christmas, I always change my general ringtone to "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from the original TV special. Drives Hubby nuts!

zman

Cyburbian
iphone XR

My ringtone is the old ESPN National Hockey Night Theme from the 90s. Although I think the theme song from Magnum PI (Tom Sellick version) would be boss.
Text tone is the old Blackberry text tone (I honestly miss have a Blackberry for work... )

zman

Cyburbian
My actual ringtone is Brass Bonanza. No one knows what it is and everyone looks at me funny when it goes off.
WHALERS!!!! That would be awesome... (and now that song is stuck in my head...)

Big Owl

Cyburbian
My actual ringtone is Brass Bonanza. No one knows what it is and everyone looks at me funny when it goes off.
The 'canes play it on "Whaler Night". Of course former whaler fans from the Hartford area hate it and find it disrespectful but it seems to be well received in Raleigh. I remember when the 'canes first relocated to NC. They played in Greensboro until the stadium in Raleigh was built or finished. Whaler jerseys were quite common. Heck, there for a while seeing a Hurricanes jersey was rare.

Top Bottom