• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

PhotoPost

el Guapo

Capitalist
What you have now works for me

Dan,
Don't blow all the Cyburbia profits on this risky scheme! What you have seems to work just fine.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: What you have now works for me

El Guapo wrote:
Don't blow all the Cyburbia profits on this risky scheme! What you have seems to work just fine.
I wouldn't be replacing the bulletin board -- instead, the photo galleries would provide an additional service, like a "best practices" type of gallery.

Hell, it's only a hundred bucks. I still have In-link to buy, too. (BTW, most of the architecture sites have been purged from the Cyburbia database. I've privately bookmarked a few, though, that are relevant to planners and "city geeks," for inclusion in the new database.)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Dan,

I like the idea of a "best practices" gallery - but is it not possible to do this within the framework of the existing Cyburbia?

Will this new software enable us to post larger images? (The office digital camera produces images which are too large, even on the low-res setting - and I don't have the tools to manipulate the files to reduce their size).

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
You can sorta' kinda' do a photo gallery, but it's not what vBulletin was built for. You can attach photos to posts, and reference images from another Web site. A photo album program will include a thumbnail gallery; click on the thumbnail, and you get a the full sized photo.

You can theoretically post huge images here, however, I limited the maximum size so it doesn't bog down the loading of a message thread. People expect a photo gallery to be graphic-intensive, so they're more patient with loading speeds.

Top Bottom