• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Photos of Rosario, Argentina

A bunch of pics of Rosario, Argentina:
http://www.pbase.com/smedlock/rosario_argentina&page=1

Rosario is aproximately 150 miles north of Buenos Aires along the Parana River. Its a medium size city with a metro area of a little over one million. I spent a day there walking around and found it to be a very pleasant and urban city. At first I thought it would be a rather bland, uninteresting city like the previously visited Cordoba was, but as the day progressed and the more that I explored, the more that the city grew on me and the more that I enjoyed it. The center is a like a mini-Buenos Aires but has more of a 24 hour feel to it in contrast to Buenos Aires' center which is chokingly congested with cars, buses and pedestrians during working hours, then dead on weekends and off hours.

BKM

Cyburbian
You didn't like Cordoba, Shannon? I'd had always heard it was Argentina's Chicago, with a strong sense of independence.

BKM said:
You didn't like Cordoba, Shannon? I'd had always heard it was Argentina's Chicago, with a strong sense of independence.
I didn't really dislike the city, but I didn't like it much either. It just felt like a bland, so-so city with nothing that was really of interest. Economically speaking Cordoba is more like the Detroit of Argentina with a lot of heavy manufacturing including extensive automobile manufacturing while Rosario is more like the Chicago of Argentina in that it processes agricultural goods like cattle and wheat and has a diverse economy.

gct13

Cyburbian
~270 picts in 1 day. Quite a nice walk you took! Thanks for sharing.

Gaston

Great material!

Shannon Medlock said:
A bunch of pics of Rosario, Argentina:
http://www.pbase.com/smedlock/rosario_argentina&page=1

Rosario is aproximately 150 miles north of Buenos Aires along the Parana River. Its a medium size city with a metro area of a little over.....
Hello!,

I'm a Rosario citizen, travelling right now across Europe, and this is the first time that i see Rosario's photos on internet in which the "essense" of the city is captured!
Now ill show to the others from where i come from! hehehe

Thank you!