• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

photos of various Atlanta neighborhoods

I have dozens of photos of Atlanta neighborhoods, both new (Atlantic Station) and traditional (Grant Park, Cabbagetown, Inman Park, East Atlanta) on my blog. Some of you might be surprised at both the extent of the intact traditional urbanism in Atlanta, and the extent to which New Urbanism is becoming the norm for development, at least within the city limits.

The URL is http://larryfeltonjohnson.typepad.com

The photo albums are down the right panel of the screen.

Larry

H

Cyburbian
Cool shots!

I was hoping my old area wood be there, but I guess there are just so many great neighborhoods to cover them all! :-D

ebeech121

Cyburbian
Great photos.

I'm really glad to see Atlanta being represented :) It's becoming such a beautiful city. Well, it's always been a nice city, but now that places like Inman Park and Glenwood are getting face lifts, the grace and history of Atlanta is shining brighter.

One thing I wish I could change about Atlanta: the 1960s and 1970s facades of the buildings downtown. They're so hideous and in need of updates. Oh well. The sewers and roads are first, then aesthetics. :)

BTW, could you get some pictures of that art structure at Five Points that marks the artesian well? It's so neat and I know alot of people don't even know what the heck it is (besides a hunk of twisted metal). It would be neat to have some photos (taken by someone who knows how to use a camera ;)) of it.