• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Photoshop contest: Nerudite's living room

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
What can we do to Nerudite's new living room?

If you use the Cyburbia Gallery, please place the image in the test post directory.

All non-urban planning-related images are usually deleted from the Gallery after a week or two, so you might want to save a copy on your home PC, just for kicks.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
LOL... can't wait to see what comes out of this!

I sent my photoshop license to another staffer. :(

*somebody please do a housewarming party and use all the cyburbanites. LOL*

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I only made one small change, painting the wall, adding a chair rail and crown molding. Oh, I also put in a couple new windows and moved the house to where it would have a beautiful, uninterrupted view of the mountains.

jordanb

Cyburbian
Similar to Cardinal's, but with an open floor plan:

By the way, the gimp is awesome, I don't know what skeleton's deal is.

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Jordan, nice job with The Gimp.

I think Skel might be running Linux, too, and using The Gimp. Let's face it ... the interface is kinda' awkward compared to Photoshop or Paint Shop pro.

I thought you would at least get rid of the television! :-D

jordanb

Cyburbian
Notice it's not plugged in. ;)

Also, I don't have any problems with the Gimp's interface, it dosen't get in my way like really bad GUIs. It was hard to learn how to use, especially remembering where the various tools were in the root menu. I don't know if Photoshop is more intuitive in that regard or not, as the few times I've used it I've spent aimlessly clicking around trying to find stuff.

I think the deal is that the Gimp is so significantly different than Photoshop that it's not easy to use one after having learned to use the other. Generally when people complain about the Gimp's UI, they learned on Photoshop, and people who learned on the Gimp (like me) don't have any problems with it. It's unfortunate that the Gimp didn't try to be more accomadating to Photoshop users, but I don't think that necessarily means that it has a bad UI.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Cyburbia party in Edmonton! Wooooh Hooooh!
LOL that was great NHPlanner. I see that, once again, Planderella has found a couch to pass out on.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
I just realized that only my head made it to the party...

Sorry 'bout that.....I tried to get you behind the table so it wouldn't be too noticable.

Plus, I didn't think your wife would let all of you go to this party alone. ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hey leave some rope in the floor headed off screen so you know ive been there ;-) the question is who is off screen with me

hehe

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl said:
hey leave some rope in the floor headed off screen so you know ive been there ;-) the question is who is off screen with me

hehe

Maybe that explains where the rest of me is.

You know NH, PG can make an appearance at the party too...

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
OK...OK....I'll do a revision later this afternoon with more people and bongs. ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Maybe Ive got Prudence for his birthday spanks ;-)

Tran dear I will tie you up but i wont chop you in half-im not from Wisconsin

Jeff

Cyburbian
I think the housewarming party should go down in the Cyburbia Photshop Hall of Fame. That is a classic.

Splendid work lad!

prudence

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Shhh... It's a surprise party. Prudence is not supposed to know until PG brings him later on today.

Besides, after and afternoon with PG my arse will be too red and too sore to sit...but note the smile on my face...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Chet said:
WHO IS IN THE BUNNY SUIT AND WHERE DID IT COME FROM!!!

Just a little something I found on the web.....I thought the party needed some entertainment.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
giff57 said:
Just a little something I found on the web.....I thought the party needed some entertainment.

Nice, but did you have to put it right there? I mean his ass is right in my face!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Can someone please invite the Peter Pan guy to the party. This party really needs some pixie dust.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
Can someone please invite the Peter Pan guy to the party. This party really needs some pixie dust.

Here you go:

:-D

PS: Sorry Giff, and I hope you like the pixie dust Tranplanner ;) :p

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
Nice, but did you have to put it right there? I mean his ass is right in my face!

No, he's on the table. Your face is clear across the room....

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Ok, it's official...you guys are the new designers for our renovations. Any way you could work in a laundry chute? The kids would really dig that.