• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Photoshoppers - Top rejected Cyburbia logos

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Post what you'll probably never, ever see at the top of this page.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Michael Stumpf said:
I should be able to do better...
Did you happen to be an administrative assistant from rural South Carolina in a past life?

Glurge sites! Arrrrrgh!

Anyhow, this might make a better tattoo.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Looking back at where we once were....

donk

Cyburbian
Once we have the operating costs of the site paid for maybe we could start an outreach project....

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
I should be able to do better...
Perhaps you think His Majesty, #3 is "funny" but I would prefer if you did not mock my lord and savior, Dale Ernhart. I mean who else do you think died for your sins, Jeff Gordon? ;)

Really though, Mother Teresa died and few people noticed. Not to belittle a man's death, but a race car driver dies competing in a very dangerous event and its second only to 9/11 as a national tragedy in some people's minds. Maybe I'm a "pointy-headed," latte sipping, northeastern beaurocrat but I just don't get it.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
Perhaps you think His Majesty, #3 is "funny" but I would prefer if you did not mock my lord and savior, Dale Ernhart. I mean who else do you think died for your sins, Jeff Gordon? ;)

Really though, Mother Teresa died and few people noticed. Not to belittle a man's death, but a race car driver dies competing in a very dangerous event and its second only to 9/11 as a national tragedy in some people's minds. Maybe I'm a "pointy-headed," latte sipping, northeastern beaurocrat but I just don't get it.
Son.....

Don't make me come over there and slap ship. Take back everything you just said....NOW!

#3 R.I.P.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
Son.....

Don't make me come over there and slap ship. Take back everything you just said....NOW!

#3 R.I.P.
Yes, sir!

You've convinced me. I'm even working on writing a tribute poem worthy of one of those websites. It goes something like...

Do you remember where you were
The day 3 left this world
What did you tell your children
On the day the earth stood still

You're racing in heaven now
With angels changing your tires
God waving the checkered flag
And putting out your fires
;) ;) ;)

Really, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't get it. I guess if Pedro Martinez died an untimely death people would go nuts here too.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Not being a fan of NASCAR, the untimely death of #3 didn't affect me much, but I could see why fans were so bummed. I guess I am one of those cold heartless people that really don't get too sad when celebs die, especially when they are ones I don't care about. I dont' know these people, so my life isn't affected at all. I will admit that the deaths of Kurt Cobain, Joey Ramone, Chris Farley, and John Candy moved me a bit, but not enough to set up an website memorializing them.

donk

Cyburbian
Seabishop posted
I'm even working on writing a tribute poem worthy of one of those websites
You'll get bonus marks if it is either a haiku or limerick. It is almost that time of year again.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Repo Man said:
That Mother Theresa comment got me thinking.
Dude, I owe you at least one beer at the upper midwest conference for that one!. ROTFLMAO!