• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Piran, Slovenia with photos

Legrand

Piran, Slovenia

I recently returned from a trip to Slovenia and Croatia, and I HIGHLY recommend this area to anyone interested in avoiding traditional tourist traps.

19689.jpg
19688.jpg
19682.jpg
A view from atop the Roman wall.
196815.jpg
196831.jpg
19685.jpg
19686.jpg
The massive Roman wall can be seen at right.
196814.jpg
Old lighthouse at the tip of the peninsula.
196813.jpg
196812.jpg
1968111.jpg
196810.jpg
196811.jpg
196817.jpg

196816.jpg

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Absolutely beautiful. I have this big dream to go to visit the most medieval cities in Europe and from my research most are now in the ol' Eastern Block European Countries. Many were not bombed during the world wars and thus preserved. I have been to Dubrovnik and know how beautiful this part of the world can be. Thank you for sharing these.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Lovely photos. I have wanted to go to Slovenia for a long time. I was in Venice and oh so close to going down the coast of Slovenia, but shoestring travel and Slovenia wasn't on the european train pass at the time. I'm still hoping to get there some day. I hear Piran rivals Dubrovnik for it's setting.

Legrand

errors

For some reason, the pictures of Piran and Dubrovnik got mixed up a little. The photo of the walled city taken from high atop a mountain and the narrow staircase are both Dubrovnik. Sorry
:-\