• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Pity post

Is he a redneck, or what?

• Wait.... that's my truck!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No, just a good ol' boy never meanin' no harm

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Yep, redneck.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • He ain't just a redneck, he's my daddy and my uncle

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
OK, Transplanner wanted a posting to avoid the Cyburbia Ax, so here goes. DISCUSS:

el Guapo

Capitalist
If you are going to be one - Be a big Red One!

Sure it's tacky, but I'd rather cavort with that redneck fellow than let's say Alan Dershwitz or Hillary

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
The vehicle owner's uncle has his own unique cost saving contraption...

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Sniff...gee, thanks guys!

But wouldn't anyone rather discuss the potential breakdown of passenger rail in the USA? Or the pros and cons of LRT vs. BRT? What about ways to introduce sustainable transportation into urban areas?

Is it any wonder I'm here on my own? :)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
It has a touch of redneck, but it is missing the three key elements of a redneck vehicle:

1. The Confederate Flag
2. The NRA sticker.
3. The gun rack

This looks like the owner is just a patriotic Metallica fan.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
Two more missing elements:

1) a few dirty kids sitting in the back
2) a dirty hound dog in the back.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Dang you're right - no NASCAR sticker either.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Hey I have a couple dirty hounds in the back of my Saturn, what does that make me? of course my bumper sticker says "doing my best to piss off the religious right"

*never mind my SS # says Im from Alabama*

PS anyone got a animated Avatar for me? I dont have a clue how to make one :-(

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl wrote:
PS anyone got a animated Avatar for me? I dont have a clue how to make one :-(
I think Dan made one just for you - it's in the About Cyburbia section.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Definitely blue-collar (note the large American flag display, evidence of the "display patriotism" that's common among the working class) but there's no Confederate flag, the truck is too clean, and the lettering on the window tint front window reads "METALLICA" instead of the truck's name. (Rednecks name their trucks much as others name their boats.) Besides, there were none of these on the truck.

Verdict - not a redneck.

BTW, I don't mean to offend with the display of the Confederate battle flag in the above post. Please note the context in which these references images were used.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
El Guapo wrote:
Sure it's tacky, but I'd rather cavort with that redneck fellow than let's say Alan Dershwitz or Hillary
[hijack]

Somewhere in America, people are probably having these thoughts ...

"Nasty cold I've got ... probably Clinton's fault."

"Ran out of gas. There's probably be a gas station here if it weren't for that damn environmentalist Algore. Damn liberals."

"The control key should be where God and IBM meant for it to be, left of the A key. It probably got moved because God wanted it there, and the damn liberals don't want anything to do with Him."

"Microsoft Word crashed again. Probably that Janet Reno's fault ... Waco! Waco!"

"If it wasn't for Chelsea Clinton, gas would still be 90 cents a gallon! Damn liberals!"

"Dan's got two Portuguese Water Dogs. You know, Ted Kennedy and Donna Shalala each have those dogs, too. Can't stand them ... damn liberal fleabag hounds."

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan,
Those liberal mind-reading quotes of yours are faker than a Chappaquiddick Neck Collar. ;)

If you want to know what conservatives are thinking ask one. I don't believe the idiots like Michael Moore or Tom Hayden sum up all liberal thought and it is misleading of you to present the illiterate and well armed as representative of all conservative thought. And seeing as you brought it up, sometime I'd love to talk to you about why the Waco and Ruby Ridge incidents should be of concern to liberals as well as conservatives alike.

All I was trying to say in my post was that I would prefer the company of those patriotic "commoners" to that of the kind of person who feels that the truck owner in question is a threat to their urbane enlightenment and thus a source for sport and jest. From hearing those two aforementioned people speak over the years I'd still rather ride with Bubba.

I don't feel bad for unconditionally loving this country of mine and its Bubbas.

Mary Jo could have used the assistance of some kind of water dwelling dog, perhaps?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The Equal Time Post

One of Kennedy's Porties is named "Splash." Really. :D

el Guapo

Capitalist
Don't ever enter a craft piloted by a Kennedy!

The other water doggy's full AKC name is "Mary Jo's; I thought I'd screw this fat bastard Senator on the beach - but all I got was this lousy autopsy instead."

Teddy just calls the dog Bob for short.

That's both a vowel and a noun. ;)

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
jtfortin wrote:
It has a touch of redneck, but it is missing the three key elements of a redneck vehicle:

1. The Confederate Flag
2. The NRA sticker.
3. The gun rack

This looks like the owner is just a patriotic Metallica fan.
Don't Forget

4. Bumper sticker that says "Grass, gas, or a**. Nobody rides for free"

Jen

Cyburbian
Tranplanner wrote:
Sniff...gee, thanks guys!

But wouldn't anyone rather discuss the potential breakdown of passenger rail in the USA? Or the pros and cons of LRT vs. BRT? What about ways to introduce sustainable transportation into urban areas?

Is it any wonder I'm here on my own? :)
What about ways to get the rural spuds onto minibuses for short jaunts and expresses into the bigger shtties.I mean cities. There are empty buses going down the road. I ask you WHY?

Jen after a dazzling fireworks display and watching a drunk sink his kayak, hic...