• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Planned Unit Developments and Affordable Housing

sdavis2

I am looking for jurisdictions that include requirements for affordable housing in their Planned Unit Developments. When a developer requests a zoning change, one of the requirements of the PUD is to provide a percentage of affordable housing, in exchange for this beneficial zoning. We are working here in Madison, WI to implement some inclusionary zoning measures for affordable housing and are starting with an amendment to the PUD section of the zoning ordinance.

I have had no luck with my research and would be truly appreciative of any leads.

Thank you, Sarah Davis

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
try loudoun county viginia

www.co.loudoun.va.us

I believe their ZO in online.

They have an interesting ord. that requires a percentage, 12.5 percent, but then allows bonus increases to density etc...

elpaulus

Check out Montgomery County, Maryland's Moderately Priced Dwelling Unit (MPDU) ordinance.