• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Planner Haiku

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
For those who may not know, Haiku is an ancient Japanese form of poetry consisting of 3 lines the first line having 5 syallables, the second with 7 syllables and the third having 5 syllables. "Haiku" translates as 'amusing sentence'. Here for your viewing pleasure are two planning related Haikus:

Twenty minute drive.
Convenient shopping, parking
Exit fifteen. Sprawl.

Barbed wire surrounds me.
My gated community.
at least they aren't here.
:-D :-D :-D :-D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Thanks for the link. My god, some of those border on genius!!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Seabishop said:
No one ever picked a winner for the last Haiku contest.
If I was picking the winner i would actually pick one you wrote, Seabishop.

zoning ordinance
is five freakin bucks loser
your land costs thousands

Rem

Cyburbian
It is down right spooky (a la Dame Edna) that a newby proposed a planning haiku thread. I'm not sure it isn't a little disconcerting.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Rem said:
It is down right spooky (a la Dame Edna) that a newby proposed a planning haiku thread. I'm not sure it isn't a little disconcerting.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Boiker - ROTFLMAO.

Yes, if you Google "all your base" you get some funny stuff. I recall Nerudite posted a link on Cyburbia to the original Japanese video game introduction which spawned the phenomenon

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Chet said:
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
Speaking of Engrish....One of my favorite places to eat in Okinawa was named "The Supper Lung"

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
mendelman said:
mmmmmmmmmm, in-jokes! :p
It's from a lame-o home video game from a Japenese manufacturer. There is a whole beginning intro on the video game that has some really bad Engrish. Here is the whole text, malappropriated by a parody of a Jack Chick religious tract: