• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Romance 💕 Plannergirl's Love Life

Plannergirl needs to:

• Dump him and move on

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Go crawling back begging for forgivness

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Join a country line dance club or take up caligraphy

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Collect lots of cats and accept the spinsterhood gracefully

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Boots, jeans, flannel and Indigo Girls

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Hook up with sexy single Florida planners

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah. shows how much i know, PVC brings to my mind the summer spent digitizing and attributizing (is that a word?) the Town of Greece Sewer lines.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
KMateja wrote:
ah. shows how much i know

That's ok K - I'm a big city boy and the only PVC I've dealt with was used to reconstruct my brother's plumbing. I don't think you could make clothing out of it - well, I guess you could use it to clothe one appendage :p

Guess they must make a pliable version. I'm more of a leather man myself...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Sheesh!

I leave you boys and girls for ONE WEEK and look what happens. Chaos!

At least Giff and NHPlanner can vouch for my good name. Oh wait, no... never mind.

el Guapo

Capitalist
bTurk

Welcome back....I missed you. Did you have fun in the big city? Did you get us all something?

el Guapo

Capitalist
PlannerGirl - Shame on you!

What you are doing is just plain cruel. It’s like holing a nice juicy steak outside of a hungry dog's cage. Now because of careless and hurtful comments like yours most of the felines in southern Florida are now dead. Let’s all agree to keep the saucy comments to ourselves. At this point is isn’t even sporting anymore. Its just cruel.
icon12.gif

Recent Edit: Just in case someone take this seriously - Don't - I'm joking.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Now that I think about it...

Your comments do keep this board interesting. Besides, I hate cats and let's face it this planning business can be really boring. I guess it is I who should appologize.

Now tell us a story from you "not-so-responsible-distant-past!" Leave no detail unembellished!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Well today one of my co workers figured out who Plannergirl was and now the questions and odd looks will start

damn it!

D

el Guapo

Capitalist
Was it the photo of you...

...and the town name and the job description that gave it away?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: bTurk

El Guapo wrote:
Welcome back....I missed you. Did you have fun in the big city? Did you get us all something?

As I previsouly stated, What happens on the road stays on the road - no telling stories!

Sorry, but the only things I brought back are intangible, like severe dehydration, DT's, etc....

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl wrote:
Well today one of my co workers figured out who Plannergirl was and now the questions and odd looks will start

Now that the cat's out of the bag so to speak, will we be treated to a better pic? I want to see if I can hear the screams all the way up here from Florida...

Dave F

Cyburbian
Planner Girl's Co-Worker

Oh yes, I work with her and found her out, and judging by the content of her posts, let the blackmailing begin!!!

We planners need to supplement our incomes somehow, right?

Anyway, if no actual monetary gain is made, I'll always have the ammo for any office situation at the ready.

Leverage, it's a wonderful thing.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dave F

Dave,

Not so fast. We like Planner Girl. In fact we enjoy her posts quite a bit. And it makes me sad to have to tell you this but as a moderator I can plant fake posts throughout Cyburbia with things in them that I am sure Dave F would never say. Things like: "My boss is a real turd" or "I steal donuts from the conference room when no one is looking" or this old jewel: I'm prone to workplace violence. Real career killers - if you know what I mean. And you know that's a lovely career you got going there. It sure would be a shame if it burnt down one night...if you know what I mean? Yeah, that would be a shame...

PS Have you met the rest of the family? L to R

Giff aka "Pauly the Shark" - El Guapo - bTurk aka "Son of Sammy" - Dan "Shanks" Tasman - NH Planner aka "Guido" - Tranplanner aka "The Great White North" - gkmo62u aka "unfreaking pronouncable" - and finally Buggys Gurnee.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
LOl thanks guys

Dave wont say a thing, hes the newbie at work so...:)

Anyway hes a nice guy-just a bit amazed at his co-worker i think.

Dave dear see if i give you the scoop on DC traffic anymore (jk)

Plannergirl is not going anywhere, so let the kitty killing continue...

D

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Alright, eh?

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it would take more than a little potential blackmail to slow PlannerGirl down...

Well, ever since airleas went AWOL, we've been needing some sauciness around here. Glad to have you back, danie. not that you really went anywhere. but glad all the same.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Stiamo mantenendovi il nostro occhio Dave.

Translation: We're keeping our eye on you Dave. :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
:)

ok its tuesday with no nibbles on dates this weekend

i wont accept the 2 cats and spinsterhood, nope not me!

D

el Guapo

Capitalist
PlannerGirl

We hope Dave is showing you plenty of respect by now. Let us know if you need the assistance of the Cyburbia family again.

Dave - You have a nice-respectful-older brother or friend you could introduce to our sister Danielle for this weekend? It would be a shame if she had no date this weekend - if you know what I mean.

The caption with this photo will go something like: "No Congressman, I have no idea how Dave ended up like that. Perhaps he failed to make Danille's happiness his business. These things are unfortunate, but they do happen ."

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
*snarffles*

Ok rule 1 never ever take a drink of anything if you are going to read stuff here, it will come out your nose!

Id rather not have Dave mixed up in my datting life if you know what I mean, too wierd.

Daves a nice guy, hes a good Carolina fan *go heels*

D

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Geez Guap - you're gonna give Davey boy a complex...

Personally, I think Dan should start planning a road trip to DC - right now. Haven't you always wanted to see the Smithsonian Dan? Just pack your best PVC outfit (we know you have one in your closet somewhere) and Bailey, and start heading north - Danielle will take care of the rest :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
ANNOUNCEMENT

Tranplanner wrote:
Personally, I think Dan should start planning a road trip to DC - right now.

WHAT: FIRST ANNUAL CYBURBIA LOBBYING DAY ON THE HILL, followed by the Million (or at least one) Planner March

WHO: Planners from across the Globe, or at least one from Florida

WHEN: Ask Dan

WHY: To get PlannerGirl a date, if nothing else!

el Guapo

Capitalist
I smell a Love Connection!

By my calculations Myrtle Beach is the effective half-way point between Oakland FLA and DC.

I tried to get you a room at the Hampton Inn but they were booked. I'm guessing neither one of you actually needs to see the beach? So the Super -8 it is! BTurk's Treat!

Dan - Your Driving Instructions
Starting from: Oakland, FL
Arriving at: Myrtle Beach, SC
Distance: 486.4 miles Approximate Travel Time: 11 hours 36 mins

Directions Miles
1. Start on SR-438 going towards S TUBB ST 0.4
2. Turn Right on S TUBB ST 0.3
3. Turn Left on W COLONIAL DR 4.2
4. Bear Left on SR-429 NORTH 10.3
5. Take the US-441 SOUTH ramp towards ORANGE BLOSSOM TR/APOPKA and Bear Right onto W ORANGE BLOSSOM TRL 1.0
6. Continue on SR-500 0.8
7. Continue on S ORANGE BLOSSOM TRL 0.3
8. Turn Left on SR-436 EAST 4.5
9. Continue on SR-436 SOUTH 0.0
10. Continue on SR-436 EAST 2.2
11. Turn Left to take the ramp and Merge onto I-4 EAST 39.9
12. Bear Left on I-95 NORTH RAMP 0.8
13. Take I-95 NORTH towards JACKSONVILLE and Merge on SR-9 73.0
14. Continue on SR-9 NORTH 15.0
15. Continue on SR-5 NORTH 0.6
16. Bear Left on SR-9 NORTH 0.7
17. Continue on FULLER WARREN BRG 0.8
18. Continue on SR-9 NORTH 6.2
19. Take I-95 NORTH towards INT'L AIRPORT/SAVANNAH and Continue on N TROUT RIVER BRG 0.3
20. Continue on SR-9 NORTH 12.4
21. Continue on SR-9 12.2
22. Continue on I-95 NORTH 145.2
23. Take the exit towards CHARLESTON/BEAUFORT, exit number 33 0.0
24. Continue onto US-17 NORTH 1.3
25. Continue on CASTLE HALL RD 0.1
26. Bear Right on US-17 NORTH 0.3
27. Bear Right on US-21 SOUTH 0.4
28. Continue on TRASK PKY 0.1
29. Bear Right on US-21 5.9
30. Bear Left on CHARLESTON HWY 5.8
31. Continue on US-17 16.2
32. Bear Right on US-17 NORTH 1.0
33. Bear Right on US-17 0.1
34. Continue on SAVANNAH HWY 29.7
35. Continue on US-17 NORTH 0.3
36. Bear Left on SEPTIMA CLARK EXPY 2.6
37. Continue on SILAS N PEARMAN BRG 0.6
38. Continue on US-17 NORTH 0.3
39. Take US-17 towards GEORGETOWN and Continue on US-701 NORTH 3.3
40. Continue on US-701 1.1
41. Bear Right on US-701 NORTH 28.4
42. Continue on US-701 1.5
43. Continue on US-701 NORTH 19.0
44. Continue on US-701 0.6
45. Continue on FRAZER ST 0.0
46. Continue on US-701 0.2
47. Continue on FRAZER ST 2.1
48. Bear Right on CHURCH ST 1.0
49. Bear Left on US-17 0.0
50. Continue on US-17 NORTH 22.0
51. Take the US-17-BR NORTH ramp 9.6
52. Bear Right on US-17-BR 1.6
53. Arrive at destination

Danielle - your driving directions

Starting from: Washington, DC
Arriving at: Myrtle Beach, SC
Distance: 454.4 miles Approximate Travel Time: 10 hours 57 mins

Directions Miles
1. Start on ELLIPSE RD NW going towards E ST NW 0.0
2. Continue on E ST NW 0.2
3. Continue on PENNSYLVANIA AVE NW 0.1
4. Turn Right on 14TH ST NW 0.5
5. Continue on 14TH ST SW 0.3
6. Continue on US-1 SOUTH 0.5
7. Take I-395 SOUTH/US-1 towards RICHMOND and Continue on I-395 SOUTH 0.4
8. Continue on HENRY G SHIRLEY MEMORIAL HWY 19.1
9. Continue on I-95 SOUTH 27.7
10. Continue on US-17 SOUTH 6.9
11. Continue on I-95 SOUTH 43.3
12. Take I-95 SOUTH towards RICHMOND/PETERSBURG and Continue on RICHMOND-PETERSBURG TPKE 4.1
13. Continue on I-64 EAST 3.1
14. Continue on RICHMOND-PETERSBURG TPKE 7.5
15. Continue on I-95 SOUTH 169.3
16. Take I-40 EAST towards WILMINGTON/CLINTON and Merge on I-40 EAST 92.7
17. Continue on NC-132 SOUTH 2.2
18. Take the US-74 ramp towards WILMINGTON/WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH and Turn Left onto US-74 WEST 0.1
19. Continue on US-74 3.1
20. Bear Right on US-74 WEST 6.1
21. Take the US-17 ramp towards SHALLOTTE/MYRTLE BEACH and Bear Left onto OCEAN HWY E 5.1
22. Continue on NC-87 SOUTH 3.5
23. Continue on OCEAN HWY E 13.7
24. Bear Right on OCEAN HWY W 5.5
25. Continue on NC-130 0.1
26. Continue on OCEAN HWY W 0.3
27. Turn Right on OCEAN HWY 8.2
28. Bear Right on OCEAN HWY W 7.0
29. Continue on US-17 SOUTH 1.9
30. Continue on US-17 1.1
31. Bear Right on US-17 SOUTH 3.6
32. Bear Right on US-17 1.2
33. Continue on US-17 S 4.3
34. Continue on N KINGS HWY 3.7
35. Continue on US-17-BR SOUTH 1.8
36. Bear Right on US-17-BR 5.9
37. Arrive at destination

Good Luck and don't forget to put the camcorder on charge now.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Lol do you know what kinda hell hole that place is? ewwwww

I may be flirty but Im not a red neck jezabel!

Hrumph!

NHPlanner

Staff member
PlannerGirl wrote:
whos Bailey?

Personaly id rather be in Fla in the sun-its cold here!

D

This would be Bailey....

bailey.jpg

... Dan's dog. :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
awwww how CUTE! Ill have to send pics of my babies, Oreo and Trooper. Think of Pinky and the Brain as dogs and you got my 2 sweeties.

Dan, just go ahead and cancel the subscription to Match.com and leave it all to your happy matchmaking friends in Cyburbia who are more than pleased to hook you up for free. :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
well giff right now we all have those to hold on to.

well ok a few kitties dont but thats ok :)

D

NHPlanner

Staff member
I bow down before the master...

El Guapo is undoubtedly the king of photoshop. I can't compete with that!

I'd pledge, but my fiance would kill me if I spent any of our honeymoon money for June. :)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Yall are sad, dont you have comp plans or something better to work on than poor Dan?

Its ok Dan I feel your pain *offers box of cat nip*

D

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl wrote:
Yall are sad, dont you have comp plans or something better to work on than poor Dan?

No. Our lives actually are that pathetic that we must live vicariously through PVC-wearin' planner babes and lonely Floridian planners who can't seem to find a girl even though they live in the sunshine and bikini state...

el Guapo

Capitalist
What Tranplanner said...

...Oh and some of us are actually inmates at state ran facilities who are supposed to be working on the Prison's books and this is our only source of human contact other than......well, lets' not go there.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
BTW - I'd pledge to the telethon, but a $20 U.S. donation would take my future earnings for the next 10 years...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Lol

who said i was a babe? I could be a 400 lb woman with a beard. *ewwwww*

Take yourself down to your local mall or goth store and get your self some PVC, its not that costly and oh so fun to wear.

D

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Ah memories....

PlannerGirl wrote:
Take yourself down to your local mall or goth store and get your self some PVC, its not that costly and oh so fun to wear.
D

There used to be a great store on Milwaukee's east side called "Tie Me Up Tie Me Down". So fun to browse. These days we've got to go down to Chicago's Halstead Street (and deal with "all that") to find anything comparable, but those garments usually have detachable pleather phallus...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The geography of geographic undesirability

Tranplanner wrote:
lonely Floridian planners who can't seem to find a girl even though they live in the sunshine and bikini state...

Uhhh ... sunshine and bikinis, maybe, but geographic undesirability within a metro area is a universal constant. Remember ... why drive 30 to 45 minutes for Mr. Right, when 10 Mr. Really Rights live around the corner? Around this corner, in "everybody-and-their-cousin-is-a-general-contractor-land," the pickings are rather slim.

Yesterday, a fine young woman told me "since our really wonderful date, I met another guy, and he lives right up the street in Winter Park." GU rears its ugly head again. Tonight, it's a woman who calls Sanford home. Almost every date that I've had since I moved here has been with a woman who lives in the I-4 corridor. The closest I've gotten, driving-wise, was a cutie in Celebration itself -- 30 minutes off-peak from Cyburbia Central.

"But Dan," you ask, "why don't you live where they live?" I could, but then I'd be spending about two hours a day commuting -- really bad when you consider I own a dog, and I have one or two 7:00 PM night meetings a week. (I work between Winter Garden and Clermont.)

In DC terms ... let's say PlannerGirl lives in Alexandria or Arlington. I live in the what's thought to be the equivalent of ... oh, Charles Town, West Virginia.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Perhaps...

...You could form an Order of Celibate Planners - What is the Latin for Suffer Kitty No More?

I'm so very sorry - Just today in another thread I was informed that this kind of madcap banter has kept the FAICP crowd away from Cyburbia. Some serious planner dudes said so and they are the kinds of guys that have real planning discusions and deep thoughts. Way above me. So, I suggest we all take a dose of serious pills and start pontificating and act a little more serious. I'm sorry for whitetrashing Cyburbia, Dan.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/whitetrashgifts_1660_1937394

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~MA97/price/trailer.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

NHPlanner

Staff member
Re: Perhaps...

El Guapo wrote:
...You could form an Order of Celibate Planners - What is the Latin for Suffer Kitty No More?

I don't have latin, but how 'bout:

German: Erleiden Sie Kitty Nicht Mehr

French: Ne souffrez Kitty Pas plus

Italian: Soffrire Kitty Non di più

Portuguese: Sofra Kitty Mais

Spanish: Sufra Kitty No más

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Your right Dan, I live in Arlingtong and I dont want to date men on the other side of DC becouse I dont want to deal with traffic, parking etc. If they are not with in a small area near where I am, then its kinda pointless.

Hard to see someone when its an hour commute one way during the week and not much better on the weekend. Not to mention screwy HOV rules that make travel at some points in time impossible.

D

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Well when you just got dumped on your head by a man that does not belive in zoning you have a problem with...trust.

So just becouse I have a life Im not a good planner? Hrumph!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: spoken like a true romantic..

Tranplanner wrote:
I never let location stand in the way of true love :)

That's why I moved close to the airport - makes the internet hookups that much easier! :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
PlannerGirl wrote:
Well when you just got dumped on your head by a man that does not belive in zoning you have a problem with...trust.

Another relationship torn apart by zoning. When will we ever learn?
So just becouse I have a life Im not a good planner? Hrumph!

Who said you weren't a good planner? Did the ex say that? How dare he - he must work for a developer or something... Do we need to call out the Cyburbia mafia again? Let's make him an offer he can't refuse...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Lol no the ex did not say that-he thought all buildings should be sloped back at a 1:1 ratio to keep sunlight for the little guys on the bottom. he hated the urban canyon feel but yet bitched about sprawl.

He supportive mass transit only if he got to drive his car becouse others were not on the roads.

Recycled newsprint but thats it "too much work"

lol

NEXT!

Status
Not open for further replies.