• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Planners and architects in the World Trade Center

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
New York Metropolitan Transportation Council - Tower 1; 82nd floor. It's the New York metro MPO.

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - Tower 1; floors 3, 14, 19, 24, 28, 31.

Gibbs and Hill (transportation engineering) - Tower 2; 91st floor.

Mancini Duffy (architects) - Tower 2; floors 15, 21, 22.

Tower 1 was struck between the 89th and 95th floor; Tower 2 between 79 and 90.

Any news regarding survivors from these firms and agencies would be much appreciated.

This is not a closed thread; followup posts are welcome.

kms

Cyburbian
WTC architects

Good Morning America/ABC News had a piece on Mancini Duffy this morning. They all survived. A customer has offered them office space.

They had a reunion yesterday, and gave thanks for their well being, and naturally, expressed sorrow for those who haven't been so lucky.

Administrator's note - see http://www.manciniduffy.com/news/Announcements/new_location.htm :).

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - 3000 employees at WTC, 154 unaccounted for.

Mancini Duffy - 150 employees at WTC, all safe.

No news on the NYMTC or Gibbs and Hill.

kms

Cyburbian
I searched ABC News, and couldn't find a reference to the piece about Mancini Duffy. Your report is certainly different from the one I saw.

Administrators's note - I had the figures for M/D and the PANYNJ reversed. They are corrected now.