• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! đź‘‹ Planners Rule

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
A little bit about me..

I'm looking to get my fill of Planners from this site. There is just something about Planners that drives me wild! Maybe it's the control they have, or maybe it's the Planners jargon that does it. I'm just not sure, but it's all good. ;)

Not sure what to say about myself, but I wanted to explain why I am here. So talk to you all soon!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Wow, I've always wanted a groupie. Can I treat you like crap and have you keep coming back for more?

BTW - Are you from the town of Truman?

Anyway, welcome to Cyburbia. Here you will find, planner jargon, love in abundance, and the occasional 1970's Aerosmith-like freak fest.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Wow. A planner groupie. My dreams have been finally answered. Come to me, my dear, and I shall read the bulk requirements from Special Zoning District Number 2 while you stroke my brow soothingly.

Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
No, I'm not really a guy

Are you less interested now that you know I am a female?

There is one person here in Cyberbia that knows my true identity. It is your job to find out who that is. Now talk amongst yourselves.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
You mean the rest of you guys don't already have groupies? Approving that Hooters was the best thing I ever did.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Welcome, methinks you like a particular planner more than the rest of us...... but that's ok he's pretty cool.

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
That would of course depend on which planner you are referring to Giff

And very good guess Geoplanner. You win a prize. I'll get back to you on that one.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
...but they are usually called stalkers.

What like this guy?

Oh, wait, he just likes to pass out in your house.

BTW, what in the world is going on here?

martini

Cyburbian
yep, hi again. Good to have more female charm here. The guyness factor is kinda old and stale(or is that me?)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome from among the many Midwesterners.

?What is the difference between a groupie and a grouper?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
giff57 said:
Welcome, methinks you like a particular planner more than the rest of us...... but that's ok he's pretty cool.

A cool planner? Where? Didn't know there were any of those.... ;)

ludes98

Cyburbian
JNA said:
?What is the difference between a groupie and a grouper?

Now that is asking for it. The fish in the barrel so to speak.

Groupies always have pictures......

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
All Planners are cool in my book, otherwise I wouldn't be a groupie!

If the male population in cyburbia is old and stale, then I'm here to freshen you up!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome!
So why does everyone find a planning groupie to be an odd thing? I know I joined the profession expicitly for the money and the chicks. ;-)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Doh!

*passes on the "women of Cyburbia" whip making her a member of the Clube*

Keep those men in line honey or they get pretty bad quick.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Sorry, this is so embarassing. . .

Mom, you need to stop butting into my life. I'm glad you're interested in the planning profession but you always embarass me in front of my friends and even on the internet I'm not safe. Remember what Dr. Mancini said about "personal space" and "appropriateness?"

And please stop trying to act sexy. Its just plain weird.

Move along here people. Nothing to see here.

ps Do I have to get Uncle Ray a Christmas gift, or is he still in jail?

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Re: Re: Re: Planners Rule

nerudite said:
Are you mimicking me Wanigas? ;)

No, not at all. Whoever the "groupie" is, I get the sense it's one big gag, someone as a sockpuppet. Hence, the Valley Girl voice. Like, omigosh, I noticed the new user did not spell "Independence" correctly!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Planner Groupie said:

If the male population in cyburbia is old and stale, then I'm here to freshen you up!

I can not speak for the rest of them, but I can assure you that I am far from old, and will never be stale. I am 25, single (because of choice), living each day like it is my last, and loving every experience!

Thank you for being a groupie and not a stalker. I had a stalker once… it was not fun, and I imagine that groupies could be fun, if they can keep up that is...

Welcome...

biscuit

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Hummmm, Wanigas? may be on to something, although I think its Seabishop's mom too.

Yeah I think you may be right. She was always really clingy - had this weird thing for planners - even back when we were dating.

Planner Groupie

Cyburbian
Alright. Unbenounced to my "friend" on here, I'll confess. Don't want to get kicked off already..

I am a friend of NHPlanner. Some of you already know who I am and I already know that you know who I am.

My name is infact Jessica or Jess. Whichever you prefer to call me. I live in NH as well and although I am not a planner, nor know anything about planning or zoning, I have read some previous posts and found them interesting. I never knew how much really goes into all this planning stuff. I'll most likely be a lurker rather then a poster (if that's even a word).

If you need to know anything else about me, please feel free to ask!!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Planners Rule

Wanigas? said:
No, not at all. Whoever the "groupie" is, I get the sense it's one big gag, someone as a sockpuppet. Hence, the Valley Girl voice. Like, omigosh, I noticed the new user did not spell "Independence" correctly!

Like OMG! I was totally joking, like ya'know?

I don't *really* sound like this (most of the time)... but it slips out from time to time. Hehehe.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Yeah I think you may be right. She was always really clingy - had this weird thing for planners - even back when we were dating.

Oh, yeah, your momma's so fat she . . . um . . . she shops at WalMart!