• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Planning Clip Art

Help! I have to put together a PPT presentation on "What the Planning Department does". I HATE PPT presentations. they generally suck, but i'm trying really hard not to have quite such a sucky presentation - lots of photos, maps, etc. but, i'm looking for planning clip art. anyone have ideas where i could get my hands on some? thanks,
kel

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Much as I believe Microsoft can be evil, their Design Gallery Web site is truly wonderful. Check out http://dgl.microsoft.com , and you'll find more clip art -- good clip art -- than you'll know what to do with.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Are you using them in a mapping program?
I know that I have downloaded mapping symbols for ESRI. I think they have landscaping ones.
I know they have guns and body chalklines for crime mapping...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I haven't checked - are they bundled with 8.0? I have used ESRI's mapping symbols and they are generally good enough for the mapping I do. I have found it more difficult to find symbols for landscaping plans.