• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Plans for the 4th

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
SW MI Planner said:
Friday Chad has to work (of course, it's a holiday), and I'm going to a party.

Although I met him briefly at the Falling Rock Tap House, pardon my bad memory as a drunk - WTF does he do?

Rem

Cyburbian
On 4 July I will be working because Australia isn't a state of the US yet. But seeing though you guys seem so nice I will raise a Coopers (Home Brewed) Lager to you all.

Have a great day.

BTW -
SGB said:
I'm thinking it's gonna be more of a Dark'n Stormy weekend.
This is the drink of choice in many Australian Offshore Races QLD's (Quiet Little Drink - follows race). We make it with Bundaberg Rum though and no sissy lemon.

Wannaplan?

Ready to Learn
Going up north, swimming, drinking beer, and cruising Lake Michigan on a Sea Doo.

P. S. I love Microsft Outlook:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Re: Yuengling story / rant

Huston said:
The other night I was at a bar and knocked back a few Hoegardens (@ an unknown 4.50 a pop) and at the end of the night when I was paying the ridiculous bill I say the sign that said “Yuengling special: $2”….man was I pissed.

Oh that would suck. When I go home to Michigan, I ask for it, and they look at me like I am from another country. *OH and I have a tour on Satruday of the Brewery. I will take pic's and see get them on line for everyone.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Although I met him briefly at the Falling Rock Tap House, pardon my bad memory as a drunk - WTF does he do?

He's a professional firefighter and so he works a 24 hour shift. It seems he always gets stuck with holidays :(

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Repo Man said:
My friend I think you need a Foreman indoor grill ;)

Or another hot tub...

But, I do have a little dorm fridge stocked with beer next to the tub!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Is it quiet everywhere else? 2 phone calls (one from my wife) and no visitors today....in fact I think I may be the highest ranking employee actually at Town Hall today....hmmm....can I spend any money? ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Is it quiet everywhere else? 2 phone calls (one from my wife) and no visitors today....in fact I think I may be the highest ranking employee actually at Town Hall today....hmmm....can I spend any money? ;)

Way too quiet. I am spending the day cleaning up my desk and re-organizing my Franklin planner. I have only had 2 or 3 phone calls, also, and half the office is empty.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
It's quiet up here too...a lot of people took advantage of the short week to take vacations.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
It's quiet up here too...a lot of people took advantage of the short week to take vacations.

AHHHHHHH
Being the New Guy, I am the only one who does not have the day off in our office. I have been running like mad, yelled at by a woman who wanted her permit today, and by some guy who did not speak English. (He wanted to build a garage this weekend, behind his row home) I do not think that many of the hispanics in the area care that it is the 4th tomorrow. I wish it was quiet for me. Oh did I mention my CD director hates me because I will not roll over and just let every development happen without going before the planning commission?

It is a LONG A$$ DAY

SGB

Cyburbian
I'm in an office of three, and the other two have been gone all day.

Waaaaay quiet here.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
A little quieter than usual, but not much. Many other city workers took today off, but since they are in another building I would not know, except I have had questions for them that I can't get answered. My assistant took the day off, too. I had a couple emergencies to keep things interesting, but have spent most of the day working on documentation for a sewer service area amendment. In one hour and fifteen minutes, I will be headed home. In one hour and twenty minutes, I will be home.

Runner

Cyburbian
No big plans here, just hanging out with Mrs Runner.

But the $64,000 question is:

Other than sitting around in a cave singing karaoke, what do these a$$holes have planned?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
update / things that make you go hmmmm

Erg. I left work at noon Thursady and went to visit a friend and go to summerfest. The bar he works at just closed, and he got a smootie machine out of it. So, before going to the fest I took over a bottle of Hawaiian rum and we drank smoothies. Killed a bottle in less than an hour and went to the fest. Ran into some other friends and ended up watching the lakefront fireworks (puts Bostons to shame BTW) from a 24th floor balcony on the lakefront. About 1/2 way through the show I looked around and there were about 50 peope on a 5' X 12' balcony. Decided that people in general are stupid, jorbanb was right for once, and watched the rest of the show from inside.