• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Plans for the long weekend?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Anyone have Monday off?

In Alberta it is 'Family Day', and I officially start my weekend in 30 minutes or so. Yay!

We don't have any firm plans yet, but Elmo and I are hoping to do as little as possible. There was a good Aurora last night and the temperatures this weekend will be nice. I'm hoping to get out of the city sometime in the next few days to get a good view. :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Well, I just have a normal 2 day weekend, and my wife and I are going to visit family in Michigan.

First, on saturday, visit my father-in-law and (maybe) his girlfriend for lunch in Royal Oak, and then on to my mother-in-law's in Shelby Township to visit for the rest of the day and spend the night.

Then on Sunday, on to Ann Arbor, MI to visit my sister-in-law and see her place and revel in the goodness of Ann Arbor (love that city).

Then back home to Chicago Sunday evening.

donk

Cyburbian
No long weekend for me.

I plan on grouting tile , installing baseboard and painting.

The joys of selling a house.

otterpop

Cyburbian
On President's Day we plan to put our 2 1/2 year old in day care and paint the interior of our newly purchased house. We got the bedrooms done before we moved in, but still need to dto the living room/dining room area, put another coat in the kitchen and paint the trim throughout most of the house. Fun, fun fun!

Budgie

Cyburbian
I'm picking up the kids from the soon to be ex and bringing them to my community for the weekend. We've got lots of things to do and hopefully the temperature will rise about 20 degrees.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
No 3-day weekend here, but we'll be enjoying Mardi Gras parades on Saturday and Sunday. :b: :-D

biscuit

Cyburbian
No long weekend here. We don't get vacation between Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Good Friday.... Too long of a stretch.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
No long weekend coming up, but I will be on vacation here next week.

Jealous?
It's not that I'm jelous, but watch out for the pool filter! A chilean kid died in Punta Cana because he was sucked in an unprotected pool filter... :)

I actually hate tropical climates. Can't stand the hummid heat!

And besides I'm still on vacations... (don't mention March or I'll kill you!)

BKM

Cyburbian
We get Monday off, I was already taking Friday off anyway, and since little miss pull off her bandage did her dirty work last night, I am leaving in a couple hours to take her to the vet to get rebandaged and checked out. Yee Hah!

No special plans. Usual weekend: Hiking, maybe a bike ride if my asthma stays calm, City walk, eat too much.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Two day weekends from now until Memorial Day. YUCK! I will be spending my weekend at the hospital with a very sick father in law. Hopefully we will get to watch the Daytona 500 at the hospital.

Floridays

Cyburbian
No long weekend here. The County Commission opted for MLK instead of Presidents' Day. Our next paid holiday is Memorial Day -- ouch!

Queen B

Cyburbian
King B is going to get his girls for the weekend. They have to stay in Wichita Friday night and all day Saturday for a band concert and then come home. Monday, he has to work and then we have the drive 4 hour total taking them back.

Budgie, if you are over our way on Sunday, stop by and we'll throw all the kids in together! PM me!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Not only working but have a budget meeting Mon. night.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yup, long weekend. I'm going to go check out my new gym but other than that I'm not too sure. I wouldn't mind sleeping in.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Floridays said:
No long weekend here. ... Our next paid holiday is Memorial Day -- ouch!
We get a four-day weekend for Good Friday/Easter Monday sometime this spring before our next holiday: Victoria Day in mid/late May. And then we have a loooooong dry spell until July 1st. That's the beauty of working in a commonwealth country. ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Just the usual 2-day weekend. I'll be helping my son with his science project (how air pressure affects the bounce of a soccer ball) and replacing the rusted-thru hardware from which his basketball backboard is hanging by a thread (OK, I may need to ask my much-taller brother to help with that one).

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Here in the Land of Lincoln--at least that part near his tomb--we had today (Lincoln's Birthday) off. We do not have Monday off. However, the local schools have Monday off, but not today. The State workers in Springfield, meanwhile, have today AND Monday off. The slackers at our County government have the same deal. So, I get a day off today, but my son was in school and the wife needed me to watch the two younger ones, so not really a chance to relax and reflect. So, enjoy your three day weekend, y'all (grumble, grumble)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Three-day weekend here along the north shore of the Ohio R.

I'll be finishing the drywall on the kitchen (yee-ha no more sanding!!) and putting down subfloor for the cork floor installation. If all goes well, the floor will be done by Monday pm, and the only thing left to do will be ... well, it's quite a list, actually.

I am, however, reserving time for the Indiana-Purdue game Saturday. Even if they both are crappy, it is still Indiana-Purdue. (Go Hoosiers!)

SGB

Cyburbian
We will be at home this weekend.

My wife works on Monday, so the son & I will have a "boys day." I'm thinking it'll be a day of playing in the snow and visiting the children's museum.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Plan revisions -

Pick up kids;
Do laundry;
Hang at the park (play chess, read, play catch, climb monkey bars);
Hang out at Mr W and Mrs. C's house;
Visit Queen B, King B and sundry off-spring; and
Knock back a few frosty barley pops.

PRIMUS IS 11 DAYS AWAY !!!!!!!!

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
3 days off here. Probably family visits, chores, wash the car, catch up on sleep, read new books if Amazon delivers them.