• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Please help this poor fellow out.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Dude, why doesn't this guy just get a call girl with the money? What would that be steping to low for the loser? Tell this idiot to get a flick and the sock out.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I've always held a politically incorrect belief that most people are physically attracted to those that are only one point above or below them on the IEEE 0-10 scale of percieved physical attractiveness. You seldom see hottie women who are 8s or 9s dating men who are merely cute 6s; they know they can do better, and hold out for an equally attractive hunk. With so many men pursuing them, it doesn't take much effort to hook up with one.

The only place where overweight guys land thin, attractive women is on television sitcoms. I feel for this guy, but I think his whining is just as bad as those of some self-proclaimed BBWs who complain that "sizeist" thin men don't see them as more than potential friends. If the guy is a 3.5 or 4, he'll have better luck with other 4s.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Or he could always put the Twinkees down, hit the gym, buy running shoes and use them, and drop a couple lbs.

Or at least get the surgery.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I've always held a politically incorrect belief that most people are physically attracted to those that are only one point above or below them on the IEEE 0-10 scale of percieved physical attractiveness. You seldom see hottie women who are 8s or 9s dating men who are merely cute 6s; they know they can do better, and hold out for an equally attractive hunk. With so many men pursuing them, it doesn't take much effort to hook up with one.

The only place where overweight guys land thin, attractive women is on television sitcoms. I feel for this guy, but I think his whining is just as bad as those of some self-proclaimed BBWs who complain that "sizeist" thin men don't see them as more than potential friends. If the guy is a 3.5 or 4, he'll have better luck with other 4s.
I've always taken this as an obvious truth that so many people have a hard time understanding. No matter how ugly, overweight or weird you are there are people just like you of the opposite sex (even if you'd prefer supermodels). Unfortunately, money can change the equation for guys.