• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

"Political Cartoon"

BKM

Cyburbian
This cartoonist lives in San Francisco. I really like his stuff-its totally over the top. Earlier this week, his cartoon showed Arnold hang-gliding into the Capital in Sacramento on his wife's sharp cheekbones, and using said bones to slash spending. Today, 19 gay terrorists in two Miatas blow up the tottering institution of traditional marriage. My sense of humor is pretty juvenile, I guess:
http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/asmussen/

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
That kind of comic style is usually a little to involved to catch my attention. But once I read it I was amused. Wickedly funny.

martini

Cyburbian

may favortie cartoonist is Andy Singer. Wickedly funny, and often has a cyclist bent. Check out his book CarToons if you see it in your Local Book seller. He updates his website monthly too. http://www.andysinger.com/

It certainly helps he's a local boy!

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Today's local paper.

94Energy1.jpg

The cartoonist Kirk always has some great Bush Charactures and general slams against his policies.

BKM

Cyburbian
Derf is on my favorites list, along with Tom Tomorrow and, although he is a little scary, actually, Ted Rall. And, don't forget the really bizarro anti-war radical cartoon Get Your War On.

martini

Cyburbian
Yeah, there seems to be a resurgance of good quality political cartoon as of late. To add to your list BKM, I really like Boondocks too. I find it really odd to see it in our local white -bread paper. I love Ted Rall and Get your War On. Ted rall is just nasty at times, and get your war on is always funny.

BKM

Cyburbian
Yeah, Ted Rall can be over the top, but sometimes thought provoking. I am not so anti-war that I could ever be as sypathetic as he sometimes appears to enemies that are frankly the euqivalent in many ways to the Khmer Rouge (al Qaeda) or the Nazi Party (Baathists) Not that I think that this debacle has been an effective mechanism for fighting al Qaeda at all, but still. . .

I like Boondocks, too (and I am a white suburbanite :) ). I am a little tired of the get Condoleeza a man thread, though.