• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Political Hot or Not

Belinda. hot or Not?

• Hot

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • Not

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Evere popular, I'll explain below

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donk

Cyburbian
We are in a bit of our own leadership race right now, for the leadership of the new Conservative Party of Canada. Much is being made of one candidate's looks, so I figured who better to ask than the throbbing brain.

Belinda Stronach - Hot or Not?

Last year she earned over $12 million working for her daddy's company.

http://www.belinda.ca/Belinda/english/index.shtml

To be fair here are the people she is running against

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
hot in a high school honors class teacher kind of way. not the traditional usage of hot in the Playboy Playmate way.

Hot in the way the current governor of Michigan is hot.

Jennifer Granholm

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Hot, but in that restrained, polite Canadian way ... likie Catharine O'Hara.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
SlaveToTheGrind said:
When is Ann Coulter going to run for something in the US?
What office? Maybe she could run for

I call Godwin! 8-|

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Sarah Palin, former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, who ran for Lt. Governor in that state. 8-!

Too bad she's married. Too bad she's a hardcore Republican. ;)

Emo girl politicians ... mmmmmm

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Sarah Palin, former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, who ran for Lt. Governor in that state. 8-!
Too bad she's married. Too bad she's a hardcore Republican. ;)

I swear this is my old boss. Only 20 years younger, though.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
I think she fits into the "not bad" category. As politicians go, she's for sure hot. In general though, she's got that Olivia Newton-John thing that will forever lock her down, and not be able to rise above 'cute'.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Thanks for keeping this thread relatively tasteful and SFW, :)

donk

Cyburbian
BiteMeElmo said:
I think she fits into the "not bad" category. As politicians go, she's for sure hot.

She is defintiely better looking than Tequilla Sheila Copps, Debra Grey and Alexa McDonnough (sp?)

The reason I posted this was that a few of the pictures I saw in the newspapers where really bad, and everyone was making a big deal about how attractive she was. With the general lack of attractive women in my community I'm never sure of how my vision of beauty stacks up. These pics are much better than many the media have used.

Sorry everyone, she is married, has kids and is our version of a Republican. A left leaning Republican, but a republican none the less.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
Sorry everyone, she is married
No she's not - she's a single mom, two kids. Been married twice, once to an executive in her daddy's company, and once to a Dutch(?) speedskater.

I don't find her that attractive, but I agree that the pics posted here are much better than the ones printed in the media. They always post pictures to make politicians look awful.

donk

Cyburbian
Oops, in a few pics I've seen she had a ring on her ring finger and being a conservative I figured the whole family values thing.

From a few of her interviews I take it she is more on the progressive side of the party.

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
Sorry everyone, she is married, has kids and is our version of a Republican. A left leaning Republican, but a republican none the less.
Actually she filed for divorce from her second husband, Olympian speed-skating champion Johann Olav Koss, before Christmas.

There are rumours that she is getting friendly with Clinton?!?!?!?

donk

Cyburbian
jmf said:
There are rumours that she is getting friendly with Clinton?!?!?!?
I think she is a bit old for him.

That was classic editing last night on 22 Minutes. (They used clips from his denials about Monica)