• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

POLL: Where you stand in the political spectrum

jresta

Cyburbian
The name calling and political epithets fly around here so let's see where you really stand. The results may surprise you.

http://www.politicalcompass.org

It's fun and doesn't take along - well,depending on how hard you have to think about the questions.

my score: -7.25 to the left and -7.6 to the south.

down there in the social anarchist corner

I know we've done this test before. I'm somewhere in the middle of the left bottom box. - Leftist Libertarian?

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.10

Budgie

Cyburbian
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.26

El Guapo:

See I'm not way out in left field, I'm a center fielder playing a right handed batter.

I heard a political commentator say that America is a country of right wing rehtoric with left wing actions. We say one thing and do another. A nation of hypocrits?

The Irish One

Twas my first and I am in with Ghandi, The Dalai Lama. These questions basically suck.

Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.31

michaelskis

Cyburbian
AH ok

I took it, and well...

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 2.00

jresta

Cyburbian
i went back and read the scores from the previous test . . .

so now we see who the real authoritarians are.

SGB

Cyburbian
Today:
Economic L/R: -5.0
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.54

Last December:
Economic L/R: -4.5
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.31

Damn - I'm not sure how to view my compass settings in light of my stance on eminent domain.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Economic Left/Right -1.88
Authoritarian/Libertarian -4.21

So what would that make me. A liberal republican? (which is oxymoronic these days). The nerd part of me, which gets stronger the longer I'm on Cyburbia, would like to see the statistical analysis used in the determination.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
I thought I'd be more in the center on the economic scale...

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.64

Squarely between Nelson Mandela and Jean Chretien.

el Guapo

Capitalist
My old post:

Changes
Now I am:
Economic Left/Right: 1.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.15

Back in March 2002 I was
Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 2.46

Maybe I'm getting high from the fumes coming off of Mike DeVuono's posts? me Mellowing - Quick someone gimme a copy of Mein Kampf....

I found the old thread: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/show...cs&pagenumber=1
Today
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.44

I wonder if we all wander or it is the testing format that moves the ground beneath our feet?

jresta

Cyburbian
So what would that make me. A liberal republican? (which is oxymoronic these days). The nerd part of me, which gets stronger the longer I'm on Cyburbia, would like to see the statistical analysis used in the determination.

I think the point is, even if the test isn't highly accurate, that the terms we use to describe the political leaning of others are not accurate. They either describe people's economic ideas or their social ideas but when people use the terms (like "liberal" or "conservative") to describe both at the same time they wind up making assumptions that are usually off the mark.

A guy running for mayor in Camden, Frank Fulbrook, is a self described libertarian - he wants to legalize drugs in the city.
Socially he is a libertarian but economically he is a die-hard free marketeer.

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v01/n233/a10.html

el Guapo

Capitalist
A NORML guy that is a free marketer??? WTH???
Let's ask Devono if he has ever heard of such a thing? ;)

Aren't most drug dealers just budding libertarian-free marketeers? I hear they also support the NRA! OMG!

got9?

H

Cyburbian
I am more stable than I thought!
Political Scale:
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.13
(pretty near the middle for what I had predicted)

plankton

Cyburbian
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.46

Is it just me or is the blending of the entertainment industry with the mainstream media a bit troubling?

Has anybody read "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" yet? Too bad our country (U.S.) doesn't allow public debate any longer or some of the issues raised in this book would be great fodder for discussion.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.38

Interesting results... too bad that I feel that there isn't any political party or politician here that is near my political alignment.... :p

Chris

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.08

hehe
they judged the British National Party to be quite exactly between Hitler and Stalin

JNL

Cyburbian
Economic left/right: -4.62
Authoritarian/Libertarian : -6.56