• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Hardware Portable PA system recommendation? (for public meeting use)

StephenOK

My workplace is looking to acquire an easy-to-transport PA system to use at public meetings. Less than $400 is ideal.

Our needs are:
1) Use for meetings, indoors, with crowds of <150-200
2) One lapel mic with one (or ideally two) additional hand-helds included in package (this allows for public Q&A)
3) It can be plug-in or battery-charged - that's a non-issue

Just wondering if anyone here has experience buying such equipment, what you have, how it worked out for you, etc. I thought I would ask other planners since I imagine our needs are similar.

sancheq

Portable PA system recommendation

I've had extensive experience as a public radio executive and a musician with this sort of equipment. I'd recommend a Roland CM30 PA unit coupled with a Shure SM58 microphone. That mic is so sturdy that it will take any abuse. I'd recommend a company that sells the stuff, but don't want to risk spam filtering. If you go to facebook(dot)com(slash)baileyjamesrichard you can message me if you'd like.