• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Portland, Oregon - Downtown [w/images]

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
And more ...

1portland_downtown_020-med.jpg

1portland_downtown_023-med.jpg

1portland_downtown_024-med.jpg

1portland_downtown_025-med.jpg

1portland_downtown_026-med.jpg

1portland_downtown_027-med.jpg

1portland_downtown_028-med.jpg

1portland_downtown_029-med.jpg

Finally the evil truth about Portland. The fact that they don't want you to know ...

1portland_downtown_021-med.jpg

It's a CANADIAN city! :D

H

Cyburbian
That settles it; I need to take a trip out there. Maybe in spring.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ok... any available ladies for me to get a green card? ;)
That sure looks like a nice city! Now I'll go on a photo rampage and I'll even put the mandatory brown filter that has to be used for third world countries a-la Traffic... :p

The Irish One

the mandatory brown filter that has to be used for third world countries a-la Traffic
IMHO that was simple and total observational genious on Soderbergh's part and so metaphorical.

I want to take and post some pics of San Diego and Tijuana -you'll see the contrast so clearly. Wealthy/poor.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Seabishop said:
The whole city looks so new.
Heh heh! There are definitely some gritty areas in Portland. Don't let the clean sheen of the cental core fool you!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Alan said:
Heh heh! There are definitely some gritty areas in Portland. Don't let the clean sheen of the cental core fool you!
Are there any particular areas where I shouldn't be caught swinging my purse and wearing suggestive clothing at Midnight? [joke]

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Dan said:
By popular demand: downtown Portland and Pioneer Square.
For a full-time planner, you sure do a lot of travelling. I wish I could have your job. Where do you get the time to do all that fun stuff?