• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Isn't it terribly obvious the blonde is TS:r: Sheesh!

TerraSapient

Cyburbian
Isn't it terribly obvious the blonde is TS:r: Sheesh!
Lol I must have said something in a previous post about being blonde?

Yep. I am on the right and MW is the cutie on the left. When DOMA finally falls, you are all invited to our legal wedding, naturally!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Pic from last Sunday's homecoming ceremony. It's been a long year but my son is back from Afghanistan.

homecoming.jpg

wahday

Cyburbian
That's exciting and glad he's back safe and sound!

My buddy has 4 months more to go in Iraq (2nd tour).

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Good to see 'em come home and get welcomed. That didn't happen much outside the family during Vietnam.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Congrats Giff. I'll bet you're glad to have him home, and you should be proud. :)

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Congrats Giff! Glad to see him get back safely. I am sure you are a proud dad.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
giff57 - what more can I say but ditto what everybody has said

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Great news, giff57. :)

Dan, Bailey is very cute. I have caught my pets in some really adorable poses this week; of course, my spouse took the camera on his cycling trip...:r:

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
giff, to me it seems like it was just last month when you announced his deployment and I posted something to the effect "...I hope he returns home safe, sound and soon." I'm sure your year felt more like 10 years. I'm happy he's back. Now let's return home the rest.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Pic from last Sunday's homecoming ceremony. It's been a long year but my son is back from Afghanistan.

homecoming.jpg
That's great news. And from the photo, Giff, it appears that your personal lifestyle modifications are having an effect. :)

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Happy Birthday to Baby Girl WSU MUP Student! 1 year old today!

bday.jpg
(Crappy cell phone pic but it's the only one we have uploaded so far in her birthday party getup)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
My wife and kids with Governor Lynch...while I was at my first Planning Board meeting for the new job...

Attachments

Richmond Jake

For some strange reason, one of ZG's cats loves to drink from the hose. It's not like she doesn't have options: the outdoor bowl, the indoor bowl. The hose is her favorite sipping source. This happens each time I add water to the pool.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
For some strange reason, one of ZG's cats loves to drink from the hose. It's not like she doesn't have options: the outdoor bowl, the indoor bowl. The hose is her favorite sipping source. This happens each time I add water to the pool.

It's like having kids; you don't want to play favorites, but she's my little baby. 7 lbs, the kid and I "rescued" her 11 years ago from a family that abandoned her. Yeah, she's weird about the water, but we have another one who just wants to drink clorinated pool water. I had to stop letting her into the screened pool area when she kept chasing lizards up the pool screen.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
^ ^ There's something about fresh water that pets seem to like. My dog does not like going out in the rain, but she LOVES drinking from mud puddles.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian

:) That's pretty cute.

One of my kitties only likes to drink water out of the tub but not bath water. He likes to have freshly drawn water from the sink tap poured into the bottom of the tub so he can lap it up. :m:

wahday

Cyburbian

Some years ago I read this great article about cat behavior. It wasn't by an academic, but just some very observant lady who had a lot of cats (though her work was evidently an important part of animal behavior research). She took meticulous notes and studied/identified all kinds of fascinating behavior as a lay-researcher. It was a very cool read.

One of the things she observed was that cats are very funny about water. They often prefer a source that is running (a dripping fawcett, the hose) and also eschew sources that are explicitly set out for them. Just like a cat...

Her main conclusion about why this was the case was that it was just simply more fun to get water from these other sources. The running water thing also makes sense from a health point of view - moving water is generally cleaner than stagnant.

Whatever the reason, that pic is damn cute!

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Pretty kitty! My old cat used to love drinking water out of a slow running faucet and had learned to turn on the bathroom sink tap. The cat I have now is too fat to jump on the counters so he can't get at the sink. However last night when I came home I found him in the tub drinking water from the dripping faucet-apparently I didn't close the valve hard enough in the morning. This one likes cold water from the Brita pitcher rather than water out of the tap in his bowl too.

Jen

Cyburbian
:) That's pretty cute.

One of my kitties only likes to drink water out of the tub but not bath water. He likes to have freshly drawn water from the sink tap poured into the bottom of the tub so he can lap it up. :m:
One of my cats trained me to to do that too!

SHe is so skittish, poor thing I scarred her by dropping a fry pan on her once (accident)and now any little clink in thekitchen sends her scuttling out of the room even when I put food in her bowl she runs out in a panic.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Captain Fudgsicle

Captain loves Fudgsicles. He has his own that I keep in the freezer. Yes, he is spoiled.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
kjel, that is so cute!

Just a suggestion: hope you're buying him the sugar-free ones. I had a cat who licked my ice cream bowls and ended up dying youngish from diabetes.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
kjel, that is so cute!

Just a suggestion: hope you're buying him the sugar-free ones. I had a cat who licked my ice cream bowls and ended up dying youngish from diabetes.
As mommy has diabetes everything is sugar free in the house :)

Richmond Jake

Against my better judgement....

My younger brother, me, and my eldest son.

Otis

Cyburbian
We were visiting family in Virginia last week. The house sitter called the evening before I came home. "I have some bad news." I was hoping that it was that our cat had run away, but no such luck. Our 13-year-old rottweiler mix had died. So the first thing I did when I got home was load the pick and shovel into the car, along with Suzy's body, and went out to some friends' place where they have some land and where we buried my wonderful Bandit boy several years ago, Dug a hole and buried her with her squeaky toy "Baby" next to Bandit. Sad day. Mrs. Otis is taking it particularly hard since Suzy was her companion and protector for many, many beach and forest walks.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
We were visiting family in Virginia last week. The house sitter called the evening before I came home. "I have some bad news." I was hoping that it was that our cat had run away, but no such luck. Our 13-year-old rottweiler mix had died. So the first thing I did when I got home was load the pick and shovel into the car, along with Suzy's body, and went out to some friends' place where they have some land and where we buried my wonderful Bandit boy several years ago, Dug a hole and buried her with her squeaky toy "Baby" next to Bandit. Sad day. Mrs. Otis is taking it particularly hard since Suzy was her companion and protector for many, many beach and forest walks.
So sorry, Otis.

TerraSapient

Cyburbian
So sorry to hear Otis! 13 years is a nice long life for a Rottweiler mix. I'm sure she had a wonderful life!

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I'm so sorry for your loss, Otis. :(

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Sorry Otis. 13 years for a rottweiler is a pretty good run. Keep photos and memories close.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Very sorry to hear this. I know she is in a good place and still watching over you and your family.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I feel your pain, my friend. A couple weeks ago we got the news from the vet that our awesome Neo Mastiff has a cancerous tumor in his back leg bone. I'm dreading the day I have to put him down. But fortunately, I get to spoil him and be with him for awhile. The vet said he'd "let me know" when it was time. He'd stop eating among other things. Right now he still eats his dinner, part of mine, and all the treats he gets... then waits impatiently for his cheese, which hides his meds.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
So sorry, Otis. My little family and I have had only one dog; Gracie, a basset hound. I had never liked dogs, but I loved Gracie, and I'll never forget burying her in the back yard. The girls were crying, I was crying. I've just not been able to bring myself to get another dog since and it's been 4 years now. Loved that old girl.

Really, really sorry, man.

ddomin4360

Cyburbian
I don't have much, but here are two pictures. One of me, my girlfriend, and my parents in Spain. The other of me and my girlfriend, also in Spain, but I don't remember where. And another of my girlfriend hugging a funky tree in Valencia, Spain.