• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Introducing Jack to Cyburbia. (Should have been called Jake--was not my call.) Making a home for himself.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Introducing Jack to Cyburbia. (Should have been called Jake--was not my call.) Making a home for himself.

Jack is a jack russell plus whatever mix, big for that mix, 35-40 lbs. Shy but friendly, no barking, long day for him (and us). Apparently, he got too big for his former owners in a little apt. He has never seen a lawn, been on a leash, but is learning very quickly. We are crate-training him starting tonight, in the kid's room, then when the cats stop freaking out, we'll move the crate to the dining room.

Vancity

Cyburbian
I always read the name of this thread as "don't kid yourself, and your pets" :lmao: I don't know why!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Meet Emma, the newest addition to my pack. She joins Luke and Shadow, who are the two that stayed with me when I split with my ex. We needed a girl and found this pretty baby. She is about 12 weeks old and is a lab-border collie mix.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ready for Summer!

My girls are ready for summer!

Otis

Cyburbian
I'm going to the animal hospital up in Portland this afternoon to pick up our 11-year-old cat who has been there since Saturday. When I went to clean the litter box last week I realized he hadn't been crapping, which made me realize he hadn't been eating, either. We took him to the local vet last Monday and learned he had little liver function and has panceatitis. We resorted to force feeding and a host of oral medication, all of which he resisted mightily. The medication didn't seem to help and we were concerned that he was near death. So we drove him up to Portland (2.5 hours each way) Saturday afternoon for an ultrasound. They recommended admitting him to the hospital and intravenous hydration and antibiotics, among other things. His hospital stay has helped him, and his liver numbers are getting better, though they are still bad. We're hoping to learn today after his follow-up ultrasound that his pancreas inflamation is reduced. We hope that we will be able to continue treating him and get him healthy at home after his hospital stay.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
I'm going to the animal hospital up in Portland this afternoon to pick up our 11-year-old cat who has been there since Saturday. When I went to clean the litter box last week I realized he hadn't been crapping, which made me realize he hadn't been eating, either. We took him to the local vet last Monday and learned he had little liver function and has panceatitis. We resorted to force feeding and a host of oral medication, all of which he resisted mightily. The medication didn't seem to help and we were concerned that he was near death. So we drove him up to Portland (2.5 hours each way) Saturday afternoon for an ultrasound. They recommended admitting him to the hospital and intravenous hydration and antibiotics, among other things. His hospital stay has helped him, and his liver numbers are getting better, though they are still bad. We're hoping to learn today after his follow-up ultrasound that his pancreas inflamation is reduced. We hope that we will be able to continue treating him and get him healthy at home after his hospital stay.
Poor kitty! I hope he improves quickly. My tuxedo kitty developed fatty liver disease and pancreatitis from sefl-induced anorexia a few years ago. I ended up doing assisted (nice way of saying force feeding) feeding with him for a few weeks and eventually we pushed through it. 5 years later he's constantly begging for food and chubby as ever.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
From my sister's wedding on Saturday...

111.jpg222.jpg

wahday

Cyburbian
Jack wants to be a professional soccer player when he grows up.

Wow! Jack looks just like our latest dog (has now been with us for 9 days) Ellie. She is, as my best guess, a Jack Russell/Pit Bull mix. Seriously, they could be related!

Ironically, our senior dog is also named Jack (but looks nothing like your Jack)

Jack

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Here is my oldest on crazy hair day a few months back:

Here are two of my youngest (born in October)

and here is the middle son: He does not like pictures...

Richmond Jake

wahday, that's amazing!! Ellie has a longer neck, a wider head and a thicker chest than Jack. But the coloring and everything else are nearly the same.

AG74683

Cyburbian

I'll refrain from posting anymore. That's Clara. My best friend and my room mate. Dogs don't get much better than her.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arabella turned 2 on Thursday! Here she is with RT and her Big Bird cupcake :)

Richmond Jake

Jack likes sleeping between ZG's legs.

Yes, the pool is dirty....:-{

NHPlanner

Staff member
Ran into the former governor of NH while at dinner yesterday. Casey mentioned that he and Wes had taken a picture with him a couple of years ago at an event (while he was still governor). A few minutes later, as we were getting ready to leave, he came back and asked them if they wanted to take another picture...and that they could do this every couple of years. :) Fantastic of him to chat with us and take the time to make my kids' day!

Yesterday's photo:

Photo from 2011:

Richmond Jake

Emergency at Casa RJ

ZG was bringing Jack in from the back yard this evening when he started to choke. We rushed him to the emergency vet where they found a stick lodged in his throat. Scared the crap out of all three of us. Jack is home and recovering. In fact, he's in the back yard at the moment...probably looking for another stick to chew on. Dumb ass.

Richmond Jake

Jack swimming at doggy daycare. (He's too young to take part in the activity on the left side of the image. We haven't had "the talk" yet.)

Jack_swimming.jpg

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
NHPlanner, when did they get so big! Handsome boys :)

Rygor

Cyburbian
Ellie in her Christmas dress before we had family holiday pics taken. She's 16 weeks now.

IMAG1555.jpg

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Very cute, Rygor. Have fun with her, because once she meets my boys in college.....:D

Rygor

Cyburbian
Very cute, Rygor. Have fun with her, because once she meets my boys in college.....:D
I thought your boys were a bit older. Wouldn't they be out of college by the time she's there?

Besides, I already told her she's not allowed to date until she's 30! :p

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I thought your boys were a bit older. Wouldn't they be out of college by the time she's there?

Besides, I already told her she's not allowed to date until she's 30! :p
Yeah, 5, 6, & 7, but perhaps I need to clarify..."meets my boys when she's in college". :p

michaelskis

Cyburbian
And so we finally got our family portrait done. Parents will be getting a copy next Thursday.

*I know, I married way the hell up, and yes, that is a typical reaction for my [STRIKEOUT]5[/STRIKEOUT] 6 year old.

NHPlanner

Staff member
From this past weekend's Student Actors Program performances...Casey as a waiter in "Beauty and the Beast" and Wes as Huck Finn in "Tom Sawyer." :D

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Well, I took Planit's advice, and in the spirit of Put Your Child to Work Day, I got my daughter to work on re-zoning our local downtown.

Thankfully she had packed a magnifying glass with her this morning before coming to the office (along with many colored pencils, crayons, stamps, scissors, etc.).

Salmissra

Cyburbian
^^ She's a cutie! And getting her started early on the land use maps is sneaky - she'll have no choice but to follow in Daddy's footsteps!

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Well, I took Planit's advice, and in the spirit of Put Your Child to Work Day, I got my daughter to work on re-zoning our local downtown.

Thankfully she had packed a magnifying glass with her this morning before coming to the office (along with many colored pencils, crayons, stamps, scissors, etc.).
Aww, cute. She's a lefty which is even better.

wahday

Cyburbian

The girl (9) and the boy (14). And the wife (age not disclosed) That's me having spring tea and sweets with the younger and the elder trying to escape the camera at a restaurant. Nice try buddy but I still got the shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The One

Cyburbian
Hey!

Hey....is that George Clooney having tea back there :-o:D

Cute kids for all above^^^^