• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
La Familia en Barcelona

And this adorable photo of rt painting my nails on Mother's Day. She insisted that I needed some "sparkle".

wahday

Cyburbian
Hey....is that George Clooney having tea back there :-o:D
Good question. I hadn't seen that guy before but he definitely looks a lot more famous and handsome than me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
My 4-1/2 year old grandson.

That's it. I'm done trying to post images here. You'll just have to see it on Facebook.

Moderator note:

Right click on a photo in Facebook and click "Copy Image Location", this is what you paste in the image tags here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veloise

Cyburbian
RIP, Lia - passed on yesterday - 19 years, 10 and a half months.
That was a good long run.

My first kitty lasted almost 21 years, and her successor (a tuxedo like yours), 19 and change. I found it helpful to assemble a digital photo album and share with fellow cat people.

Holding you in the light as you adjust...

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
This year's entries from the Student Actors program...my boys each had 2 parts...

Music Man:

Chief Harris:

Willy:

Once Upon a Mattress:

Wizard:

Prince Dauntless:

(My youngest has caught the acting bug...will be doing a theater camp during vacation week next week)

Bubba

Cyburbian
Sorry to hear bubba. We had a tuxedo cat that was 17+ years old. Good cats. Nice long life.
Thanks (to all you guys). The first day I work from home this week (probably Thursday) is going to be really weird.

DVD

Cyburbian
My first attempt at clown makeup and my oldest who had to get into the picture. I need to add some eye shadow and work on the setting powder so I don't smear it. That and a good tie. Also, I now have a better respect for women and putting on makeup.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Thanks (to all you guys). The first day I work from home this week (probably Thursday) is going to be really weird.
Your local humane society likely has someone you could "foster." (I tried that with a small kitten the week after my third-ever kitty left, October 2013. Really, I tried. She never went back to them.)

The Terminator

Cyburbian
Terminator DeMasked! Here are some pictures from when I was younger and thinner.

2007, Age 16. Location: A Punk Show at an undisclosed location in New York State. I am wearing my favorite Black Flag shirt, that I still wear once or twice a year.

2009, Age 18. I am in the black shirt all the way on the left standing on the barrier. I am with some amis who are dressed to the dot like period Hipsters of the late '00s but are actually good peeps that I am still friends with. Seeing my than favorite Hardcore band F**ked Up from Toronto (who are no longer a Hardcore band) at a giant outdoor free show at East River State Park on the Brooklyn Waterfront. Crowd surfing with the NYC Skyline in the background to a band you love at that age was pure bliss. Notice the home made Black Flag patch on my shorts.

2010, when I briefly lived in Toronto. On the Toronto Islands Ferry with some close friends. I am on the right in the cycling cap. Notice my homemade punk jacket with the spikes. I had a sweet GAUZE (1980s Japanese hardcore band) backpatch on that one not pictured in this photo. Those 5 months I spent in Toronto are literally my salad days.

This is me crowd surfing after stage diving at a show in Tompkins Square Park in 2010, age 19. Right before I left New York to pursue my Bachelors in Geography and Urban Planning in Montreal.

And finally, me in 2012 (Age 21) at Joliette Metro Station in the Hochelaga-Maisonneuve section of Montreal during the midst of the Quebec Student Strike (hence the red square). This was taken while I was at the end of my first full year in the B.Urb program at Concordia University.

I still look very similar to that last picture just a Liiiiiiiiiiiitle bit heavier :p and with a moustache to go with the beard. Want to see what I look like in 2016? we'll youll have to come to New York and meet me! I love getting beers with fellow planners just throwin that out there.

Also, as I read through this full thread, it seems that I am young enough to be many of you'se (that's a New York-ism) son or even grandson! I gotta show love my elders though, long live the 80s!

Last edited:

Bubba

Cyburbian
Your local humane society likely has someone you could "foster." (I tried that with a small kitten the week after my third-ever kitty left, October 2013. Really, I tried. She never went back to them.)
Oh, Mrs. Bubba is already sending me photos from our local rescue organization...

Habanero

Cyburbian

Me and my people- the little one normally refuses to look at the camera for our family photos.

Bubba

Cyburbian
The new girls

Zoë (foreground, seated) and River (flaked out in back), sisters, seven months old today. Picked them up from the local rescue organization Saturday morning (we were sitting on their steps fifteen minutes before they opened) - had to wait about three week before they were both healthy enough to adopt (they're a bonded pair, so the rescue would only adopt them out together).

Names are a Firefly reference, compliments of Mrs. Bubba.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Zoë (foreground, seated) and River (flaked out in back), sisters, seven months old today. Picked them up from the local rescue organization Saturday morning (we were sitting on their steps fifteen minutes before they opened) - had to wait about three week before they were both healthy enough to adopt (they're a bonded pair, so the rescue would only adopt them out together).

Names are a Firefly reference, compliments of Mrs. Bubba.

Cute kitties.

Also, Mrs. is a nerd...in the best possible way. :D

gtpeach

Cyburbian
Me with my pups - Abigail on the left, Carson on the right. This is my favorite picture with them - they were both being 100% uncooperative (true to their natures)! They're rotten, but they were both rescue babies and deserve to be spoiled.

Here they are when I first got Carson - I can't believe she was ever so little!

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Child #1 along with her new little sister. She was born last Wednesday and was a healthy 7 pounds 8 ounces.

She was a little frightened to hold her, or even get near her, at the hospital:

But she was all smiles once she came home:

I've only had 2 kids for about a week now but I already understand why my dad kept calling me by my older brothers' names all the time. It takes a lot to get used to having a new name to remember (and it took us a few days to come up with one).

DVD

Cyburbian
Congrats! Wait until you have to start separating them so kid 1 stops annoying kid 2 which is all annoying mom and dad or you start getting booted off Netflix because kid 1 & 2 are watching the same show on different devices.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
WSU, your baby is awesome. Especially the pic of the pink swaddled bundled. Really awesome!

Also, the big one looks terrified at the hospital. That's hilarious!

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Congratulations, WSU, on the new addition to the family!

What did you and the wife decide on for a name? Or did Kid #1 get a vote, too?

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Here's the kids as we step out to brunch with Santa this weekend. We drove the '29 Ford while my FIL drove a '16.

The oldest is 7 and the youngest is about 20 months. She would have sat on Santa's lap for hours if we had let her. She was really enjoying it... which means next year she will be scared out of her mind and will refuse to get anywhere near him.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
These will be familiar to anyone that sees my Facebook posts...but for others...here's a few of my now 13 and 11 years olds...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's my Christmas card shot - likely new year's as usual - need to figure out how to photoshop FAM off it as my eldest instagrammed this with that on there - lol

kidz (2).jpg

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Update: Giff's Kid's football career

He is signing with Waldorf University. The Scholarship is 46% of the annual cost of attending.

26357758088_726965fc17.jpgwaldorf by cityplan_2000, on Flickr

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Congrats Giff!! I hope one of my kids gets 46% of college paid for. That is quite an accomplishment!

And you get to watch him play at the next level! Enjoy it.