• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • If you registered on Thursday (3-21) , please re-register. Thank you!

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

The Terminator

Cyburbian
HOORAY FOR LIL GIFF!!!!!!! Thats fantastic news. Now he's just going to have to get used to being bored to tears during the off-season in Forest City :p

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
HOORAY FOR LIL GIFF!!!!!!! Thats fantastic news. Now he's just going to have to get used to being bored to tears during the off-season in Forest City :p
They spoke of that during the visits. If you are a clubber and need the nightlife, this isn't the school for you. The school does a good job of providing activities for the students. Besides, after meeting the coach, I am not so sure there will be an off season.

Planit

Cyburbian
Me and my brother. We beat you like a New Hampshire winter. We strong and cold. You'll feel the pain and it will last.

kjel

Super Moderator
RT (now 24) & Mini (now 6) in Maine this past weekend.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
AIB giff...

From the local paper...

cm_xc.jpg

Bubba

Cyburbian
Watching the Rose Bowl yesterday afternoon with Raylan (aka "Bro Cat"). He's a huge sports fan - totally interested in the game...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I used to be VERY allergic to cats. A few years ago, I realized I built up some tolerance, when I could visit friendds with cats, or spend time with them at the SPCA, and my allergies didn't go ballistic.

Today, we have two kitties -- Bearcat (male orange tabby) and Zoe (female gray and white shorthair).

Bearcat was a stray that we brought home from the local SPCA a couple of years ago. We got Zoe in May, and she grew up fast. The picture at the top is my wife holding Zoe when we first saw her. (No, that's not our house. We got her from a nice crunchy couple that did cat rescue. And chicken rescue. And sheep rescue. Also, they kept the sheep inside their house.)

Bearcat is friendly and social, but a bit of a curmudgeon. He's also very vocal, and does not hesitate to sing the song of his people. He's fairly patient with Zoe, who will not. Leave. Him. The. Fuck. Alone. Zoe is super lovey dovey -- clip her nails, rub her tummy, she's just fine with it.

Attachments

Gedunker

Moderating
I used to be VERY allergic to cats. A few years ago, I realized I built up some tolerance, when I could visit friendds with cts, or spend time with them at the SPCA, and my allergies didn't go ballistic.

Today, we have two kitties -- Bearcat (the orange tabby) and Zoe (the gray and white shorthair).

The picture at the top is my wife holding ZOe when we first saw her. (No, that's not our house. We got her from a nice crunchy couple that did cat rescue. And chicken rescue. And sheep rescue. Also, they kept the sheep inside their house. .)
It's amazing what a little pussy can do for you....Bearcat and Zoe look adorable:LOL:

Veloise

Cyburbian
This fellow has been with me since late summer 2006, and suddenly last week he crashed. Still hiding his discomfort -- I only noticed because he never lies on the rug by the kitchen door.
Stage 4 renal disease. The vet offered no hope.
It's been a week of preparing several plates of special wet food mixed up as soup, with supplements stirred in. Subcutaneous fluid administration. Trying to keep him clean (he spills on that marvelous ruff). Giving him everything he wants for as long as he's still here.

thumbs-1.jpg

Reactions: Dan

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Hubby found this little guy in his office parking garage late Sunday. He isn't thin, but definately been on his own for a couple days or more. We're taking him to the shelter this afternoon. Our dog is not impressed, and will be so glad when he leaves.

20190113_113249.jpg

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Yeah, you can tell those animals can't stand each other and are moments away from tearing each other apart with teeth and claws

Veloise

Cyburbian
This fellow has been with me since late summer 2006, and suddenly last week he crashed. Still hiding his discomfort -- I only noticed because he never lies on the rug by the kitchen door.
Stage 4 renal disease. The vet offered no hope.
It's been a week of preparing several plates of special wet food mixed up as soup, with supplements stirred in. Subcutaneous fluid administration. Trying to keep him clean (he spills on that marvelous ruff). Giving him everything he wants for as long as he's still here.

View attachment 5856
If we are FB friends you've seen more of the story: the array of untouched food, him lying by the (chilly) entry doors, the view from the couch as he followed me for a cuddle session.
This is the last pic at the vet.
I feel good about not letting this drag out -- Thumbsie would have gotten more unhappy over the weekend. Remarkably, on the stainless steel table was his happiest moment all day -- chirping, wagging, and purring.
There's a viral story "from a veterinarian" that insists an owner is a piece of work if they don't stay to the very end. I couldn't do that -- I left him cuddled in the vet tech's towel, still purring.

final.jpg

Planit

Cyburbian
The dog is roaming the 'hood. He got out of our fence and my neighbor sent me a picture from his security cam:

unnamed.jpg