• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

Doohickie

Cyburbian
From left to right: Me, Mrs. Doohickie (my wife), Mrs. Doohickie (my daughter-in-law), and the two Doohickie boys.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
Just interrupting your otherwise mundane Tuesday to bring you a picture of a baby in a cardigan!!! One of my FB friends commented that I needed avocado toast and kombucha props to complete the #hipsterbaby look. The little PeachFuzz is now three months old, and is still a terrible sleeper. But he's got good fashion sense, so we're keeping him around hoping we'll be able to cash in on his good looks in the foreseeable future.

hipsterhenry2.jpg

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
^ He looks just like a guy I work with, right down to the sweater and bald head.

Babies, especially boys, seem to have an uncanny ability to resemble old guys (but so do baby girls who haven't really grown any hair).
Yeah, a 'guy' you work with...like in your cubicle? :p

Old men and young babies - two sides of the same coin.

Boy #1
Luke_sweater_baby.JPG
Boy #2
Mark_sweater_baby.JPG
Boy #3
Nathan_sweater baby.JPG
Their mother's First Cousin and Boy #3
Nathan&Mark_baby and cousin.JPG

Last edited:

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
View attachment 48243

This is as close to a pet as I will have. It’s been a regular visitor this week.

At my grandparent's cabin, my grandfather had a squirrel feeder on one of the many ponderosa pines on the property. My grandparents would usually go the cabin every weekend. One of the first things my grandpa would do is fill the squirrel feeder because if he didn't, the squirrels of the area would constantly bark until the feeder was filled. They even had a pet squirrel once. Sat on my shoulder and would eat watermelon.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Timing is everything (or maybe "My pain is your pleasure"):

Yesterday was probably the first really nice day here this spring so after grilling sausages for dinner I told my daughters we could make s'more on the little firepit. My wife was trying to take a picture of me and my oldest but she snapped the button just as I had stepped backward into the hot metal lid that I had moments earlier removed from the fire and set on the ledge so I could reposition the logs.

The only lasting damage was to my pride.

DVD

Cyburbian
Somehow my 1st thought was this is something out of Reno 911. You were trying to arrest the girls for an illegal marshmallow restaurant and your own bumbling let the get away.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
@DVD - Reno 911 is one of my all time favorite shows so I'll take that as a compliment. If we lived in a warmer climate I'd happily go as Lieutenant Dangle for Halloween. I cannot seem to convince my wife to go as Deputy Wiegel though.

R.I.P. Bovina, New York City's Dancing Pitbull

(Remember, years ago, when Tiny Pic wrote something like, "free image hosting forever"?)

Re-posted from 2016:
RIP_Cowbelle.jpg
R.I.P. Cow Belle, "Dancing Pitbull of Times Square". Of my many, many animal companions,
you were my very favorite
________________________.

P.S. I am still alive, (having sloughed through Covid-19), and look just about the same as in the pic.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
She's 3 and weighs around 60 pounds. She has been so good today. She met everyone first thing then I brought her into my office and she laid down on her blanket and I got my report finished. Everyone is in love with her. She's the sweetest, most gentle and friendly pup ever. She listens so well. I mean seriously, she's like the perfect dog. She's so good at this point I'm afraid maybe she was trained as an assassin and the wrong foreign word will trigger her to rip me to shreds. That's all I can think of. She's amazing.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Some more of the boys, my wife and me from last weekend:

me-cheryl.jpg
me-boys.jpg

Also, because it's handy: My maternal grandfather and his immediate family. My grandfather is the little boy in the front, he was about 7 yrs old and this photo was taken about 1910 in southern Saskatchewan, Canada (both of my maternal grandparents were immigrants).

ancestors family photo.JPG

EDIT:
And a cool one of the boys at our backyard firepit from early this past summer:

fire pit2.JPG

Last edited:

gtpeach

Cyburbian
PeachFuzz turned a year old on Saturday! We just celebrated with the three of us, much to the disappointment of at least one set of grandparents. But it is a pandemic after all, and considering how confused he was when I put him down in front of his cake (he cried at first and I had to hold him in my lap and show him that it was food and that he could touch and eat it), I think it was the right decision.

Here are a couple of photos of his big day. He has a little book called "Never Touch a Monster" that I based the cake on. The cake is homemade. He did not smile once while eating it, but he did eat several fistfuls of frosting before turning around and playing with the backdrop I threw together. It was a fun day!

Attachments

• Henry playing.jpg
    Henry playing.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Henry cake.jpg
    Henry cake.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 7

DVD

Cyburbian
But you have been telling him never touch a monster! He wasn't sure about the conflicting message.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
For anyone that needs Christmas gift inspiration, a friend of mine is doing 5x5 custom pet drawings with water color backgrounds for $30. I reached out to him, and he's going to do a composite with four of my mom's rescue dogs that she lost in the last few years for an adjusted price.