• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

Salmissra

Cyburbian
^^Great idea! I just ordered one!
And it arrived yesterday! Beautiful! I need to get a frame, but the overall drawing came out lovely!

I really like being able to choose the background color. Her blankets are blue, so I chose the color that I see her with the most.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
And it arrived yesterday! Beautiful! I need to get a frame, but the overall drawing came out lovely!

I really like being able to choose the background color. Her blankets are blue, so I chose the color that I see her with the most.

Awww! I'm so glad you love it. So I ordered a custom picture with four of my mom's rescue dogs that passed away over the last couple of years and... he mixed up two of their names! I didn't tell him, and once it actually arrives I'll see what I might be able to do to fix it. But even if I can't, I think it's okay and my mom will love it regardless. He did a really great job on the drawings, and he gave me a great price, so I don't want to be too snotty about it, you know? (I did double check that I gave him the correct names, but it's the kind of mistake I feel like I could easily make.)

I think if you stick to one drawing at a time, you're in good shape, though! :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The blanket I bought for my wife is perfect camouflage for Zoe.

zoe.jpg

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
lp - that's great.

Our lab loved the water and would dart out of our car whenever we went to the beach. Having grownup on the shores of Lake Huron, dogs that love the water are fun. When I was a preteen, we lived at a Lake Huron beach house for two summers and even the Pekingese we had at the time enjoyed the very shallows. She wasn't a swimmer, but she loved bouncing around in the shallows.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
lp - that's great.

Our lab loved the water and would dart out of our car whenever we went to the beach. Having grownup on the shores of Lake Huron, dogs that love the water are fun. When I was a preteen, we lived at a Lake Huron beach house for two summers and even the Pekingese we had at the time enjoyed the very shallows. She wasn't a swimmer, but she loved bouncing around in the shallows.

This was the first summer she went into the water - the previous summer she wouldn't go near it - so yeah it was fun watching her go in - she's only about 10 pounds so we have to be careful with the tide changes though