• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Thanks everybody!

My first thought was that my daughter-in-law had given birth to a terrorist. :-c

Better to be an old fart than a sh!thead. No offense intended.;)
None taken, old man. I consider the source. Plus the advantage of being an old fart must be that you give them the benefit of the doubt. Enjoy the grandson Ofos. May you have plenty more.

wahday

Cyburbian
Awesome, ofos! That swaddling blanket must be a universal requirement among hospitals. Both my kids came home in one just like that. Ethan is pretty dang cute. Enjoy!!

Planit

Cyburbian
Congrats grandpa ofos - now its up to you to teach the smarta$$ ways of the world!!

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Congrats grandpa ofos - now its up to you to teach the smarta$$ ways of the world!!
No problem there. It's a dominant trait that I suspect goes back to at least my gn-grandfather who fought in the American Revolution. In fact, his SA tendencies probably help foment that conflict. Both my sons are gifted in that respect as well.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
It's our first Christmas with a baby in the WSU MUP Student household. We're just wrapping up stuff she already owns...

I'm just glad she gets her good lucks from her mother!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
It's our first Christmas with a baby in the WSU MUP Student household. We're just wrapping up stuff she already owns...

I'm just glad she gets her good lucks from her mother!
Congrats! Christmas is so much more fun with kids.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Congrats! Christmas is so much more fun with kids.
Except for the part where your 3, 2, and 1 year old boys are progressively dismantling the tree decorations. We've already had to "redo" the decorations once and much garland has be sacrificed.

If they can do this to their playroom in about one hour:

A small Christmas tree doesn't have much chance.

Though, I really like my boys:

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Except for the part where your 3, 2, and 1 year old boys are progressively dismantling the tree decorations. We've already had to "redo" the decorations once and much garland has be sacrificed.
This is what I fear for next Christmas... three kids under 3... :-c My son already loves to throw the decorations at the dog... not sure where he gets that from...8-!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I notice that one of the mendelman boys is training to become a plumber.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Fun at the photo booth with my youngest during my holiday vacation...

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Got new pictures done this year.

Last edited:

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
holy crap buddy - when do you sleep with all those kids - I hope one of them is your lovely wife at least!

TerraSapient

Cyburbian
Is that seriously your adorable toe-head family? So cute! 5 kids? Surely that earns you your man card back from the boys? Beautiful family ursus!

ursus

Thanks! They are all my toe-headed fambily, yep. None is Mrs. Ursus (there are 6 kids altogether). We got married at 22, My oldest daughter (coming up on 16 in a couple of months) was born when I was 23. So you gotta start early and stay up late.

I never sleep. Well, very little. The laundry alone for 8 people is a full-time gig....:)

I actually can't see the picture anymore, and can't seem to get it to appear, either. Hmmmm.

Planit

Cyburbian
Thanks! They are all my toe-headed fambily, yep. None is Mrs. Ursus (there are 6 kids altogether). We got married at 22, My oldest daughter (coming up on 16 in a couple of months) was born when I was 23. So you gotta start early and stay up late.

Did you figure out what caused it yet? ;)

Great pic U.

TerraSapient

Cyburbian
6 kids? Oh my!

Can we get a man card over here for ursus?

Edit: Are lesbians allowed to officially administer man cards? I think we need a poll.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
From yesterday's trip to the New England Aquarium and lunch afterwards...

ursus

6 kids? Oh my!

Can we get a man card over here for ursus?
Sadly, it requires more than extraordinary virility and charm to get a man card, TS, but thanks for the vote!

NH Planner, those are some good looking boys. I bet they're fun, they look like they're up for pretty much whatever!

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
I posted this on FB the other day, but i thought my other "family" would get a kick. See the APA dues are good for something, well my son thinks so...

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Send us another picture when he realizes that there is no substance in APA publications.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Here's a photo of me from a couple of years ago, giving devil's horns to my then-girlfriend's Australian Cattle Dog.

ed4bL.jpg

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Now-12 year old Cabela's fleece, made in the USA FTW.

(Although I do own a lightweight Patagonia fleece. Got it on sale at an outdoor store a couple of blocks from work. Made in Colombia of USA materials.)

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Aww, very cuteWSU! Nice that she smiled and appeared to be happy :) ((All pictures of my daughter with Santa, Easter Bunny, etc. are of her crying and squirming to get off :)))

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
my 12 yo daughter went kite flying last weekend on the beach (yes, she went in up to her knees, the little Mainah she is)

I love having a 12 yo daughter that is still a kid

Attachments

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Twins and their brother....

Twins_001-modified.jpg

Hideous blanket made by their great grandma....
Twins_005-modified.jpg

My son decided to jump off his play toy when the twins came home... hence the scabs....:)
Twins_007-modified.jpg

Last edited:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Hink - Strap in....you'll be in the thick of it for the next 10+ years.

But having three little dudes is pretty cool, though! :D

beach_bum

Cyburbian
awww! What a cute bunch Hink!

[OT]I think my ovaries just twinged a little after viewing those photos.[/OT]