• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Post pics of your kids, yourself, and your pets - Part II

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Big congrats in order, Hink. That's a cute bunch!

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations Hink, the twins and big bro are adorable :)

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a kitty! His name is Captain and he is so very handsome. He's in hiding at the moment so his photo from the adoption center will have to do for now.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
^^ Cute Cat! How'd he get the name Captain?

I know what you mean about the yowling in the car. Our boy dog cries, whines and howls the whole way to where ever you're going. Not fun, but the irritating noise is better than a dog in the lap while driving!

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Cute Cat! How'd he get the name Captain?

I know what you mean about the yowling in the car. Our boy dog cries, whines and howls the whole way to where ever you're going. Not fun, but the irritating noise is better than a dog in the lap while driving!
He came with the name. His previous owner recently passed away and left two kitties, Captain and Margie. Margie was adopted a couple of weeks ago and I had seen Captain at Petco's adoption center and sent an email inquiring about him. As you can see Captain has a new forever home :) He's settling in very nicely and is a huge cuddlebug...wherever you are, he is there with you wanted to be petted and loved.

JNA I am happy to report that Captain is a purrmeister and even snores a bit when he sleeps :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Guinness and Bailey at Ithaca Reservoir.

XjUvb.jpg

20n7n.jpg

atCkd.jpg

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Proof positive: I actually attend public hearings. This is a screen grab from one of the local TV stations. I'm at middle-left, light brown hair (see, the Rogaine is working--it's apparently ineffective on the old dude two rows in front of me and guy in the red shirt), navy blue sport jacket. Yes, the blonde was cute.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Time to share some new pics of the kids. Luke loves to be with his humans. In fact, he often likes to be touching, if not somehow on his humans. That blue thingy is my leg, resting with the recliner in the up position. One of his favorite spots is lying between my legs like this, sometimes resting his head on my stomach and snoring...

Luke_on_the_chair.jpg

Here is another view of our boy.

Luke_on_stairs.jpg

And here are a couple shots of our baby girl, now 12 years old.

Sukros.jpg

She always knows where to lie to make the picture turn out nice.

Sukros_in_violets.jpg

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
RT Goes to Prom!

So I spent the day getting my lovely daughter ready for her senior prom and off she went....

Emily and her date Travis

Requisite group photo

My personal favorite

Tide

Cyburbian
Ha, KJ I know exactly where those chairs are, one of my best friends got married there and we had all the grooms men move them together so we could take a large group picture with all of the wedding party standing and sitting on them.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
They grow up fast, don't they.

Kim_Emily_Daytona_Beach.jpg

Well, I screwed that up......

Moderator note:

fixed

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Receiving the NH Planners Association 2011 Professional Planner of the Year award...

:-$

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
With my wife and kids at the NHPA Conference...

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
So where is that plaque going to go? Also, do you get extra letters, like BPNH2011.

Congrats!!! :) :D

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Receiving the NH Planners Association 2011 Professional Planner of the Year award...

:-$
I was going to make a sarcastic remark along the lines of, "Big whoop! What are there 3 planners in New Hampshire? ;)" But after thinking about it bit, I bet New Hampshire is probably near the tops in the number of planners they have per capita... right up there with Suburus, Volvos, and NPR tote bags.

Congratulations on the achievement!

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
We had our first trip to the beach with our daughter today to the tip of Michigan's Thumb. She was a little hesitant being held in the water at first but got in to it towards the end. Right from the start though, she absolutely loved sitting at the shore with the waves lapping up onto her. It was the most fun I've had at the beach in a very long time.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
WSU, cute daughter! Cool she loved the beach; my kid (from FL for crying out loud) was scared of the surf until he was 4.

TerraSapient

Cyburbian
Waimanalo Beach Wedding

MW and I celebrate 3 years of marriage next week!
229484_1057637054207_1624290454_148807_5789876_n.jpg

Can you guess which one is MW and which one is me?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
MW and I celebrate 3 years of marriage next week!
229484_1057637054207_1624290454_148807_5789876_n.jpg

Can you guess which one is MW and which one is me?
Geez, that's right up there with "Guess my weight" or "Guess my age". I'm so bad at that. I'm thinking you're the brunette? (but won't be surprised if I'm wrong as always...:r:)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Bailey returning from a trip to Buffalo ... and the groomer.

pQIXm.jpg