• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Post your pet

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
This has probably been done in the past, but pets change and ppeople get new ones. This is my dog, Princess. The wife named her. She gets to sleep anywhere and eat anything the boys drop (feed) her and gaining some weight. For the most part, she is a toy manchester terrier.
1567mvc-010f-med.jpg

JNL

Cyburbian
Kittens!

Not allowed pets in my apartment, so I love visiting my parents where I can play with their kittens, Pippa and Tiger. Here they are taking a nap inside a paper bag.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
mah dawg

1192dawg-med.jpg
Doing what he likes best... :p

Yes.. he's old (almost 10 years) and he's not pure breed dachshund...further info on the gallery post :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Yes this was done in the past, but Dan has mentioned that if its been quite a while, a new thread is totally appropriate.

I have a few to share.

1) My recently dead cat from college, Yitzak the 20 lb shorthair BLACK CAT with attitude. He had cancer in his eye, and lasted about a year after the surgery.
55MVC-646S.jpg

2) Shweetie, a domestic long hair given to me after he was taken in as a stray. This can is gay (sorry gay cats)
55MVC-005S-med.jpg

3) Spike, a 23 lb domestic long hair tabby (phot pending) that hates EVERYTHING.

4) The boys, Johnson and Wee Bear, Keeshonds that my ex wife has custody of but I take care of (visitation rights lol) a fre times a year.
55JohnsonWeeBear-med.jpg Johnson is the one upside down. (EDIT: Thank God she also took the Country Crafty furniture)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Hatcher and Sadie Madison are huge Stars fans!
442hatchandsadiestars-med.jpg

Milli and Biskit could really care less
442mil_bisc.jpg

:) did anyone notice the evil eyes- do you think I could sell the spirit on ebay? :)

H

Cyburbian
Chet said:
2) Shweetie, a domestic long hair given to me after he was taken in as a stray. This can is gay (sorry gay cats)
55MVC-005S-med.jpg
I have no pets of my own. But our friends have a gay schitzu named Louis. We call him Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Louis. (Sorry gay Louises). :)

Last edited:

tsc

Cyburbian
1072jordieweb.jpg

Jordan boating this summer on Lake Ontario

1072jordboat.jpg

Jordan on the Erie Canal

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I think I posted this one before. I have a couple of funny ones sitting on the camera at home right now - I'll see about getting those one's up.

This is Pandora, the psycho-kitty:

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian

The hounds, being themselves. Two very spoiled wiener dogs (we spoil them to make up for their former lives, when they were....not loved.)

martini

Cyburbian

Yep three at once. And they were all under 1 year old. Talk about a mad house. Zoe on the left, Abby in the middle and Chaco on the right. Chaco is the only permanent resident though. We will occasionally do foster care for the local humane shelter. Good fun, that is!

An actual pic of Chaco's head.

Habanero, I love the dogs! Boxers and Weimies are my favorites. Chaco is half boxer, dunno what the rest is. Abby was Lab/weimie mix. VERY hyper, that Abby.

Oh yeah, I've got a coupla cats too, but don't have any good pictures of them. I'll try to get some. And snakes.

BKM

Cyburbian
I need to get some photos. Max, my Rottie/Shepherd mix is now pushing ten years old, so...(He ain't slowing down much yet. The other day at the dog park, he found a hole in the fence and led my herd in a merry chase of the horses next door. I was not pleased.)

A coworkers husband is a very good photographer. Think I'll ask him to do it right :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
martini said:
We will occasionally do foster care for the local humane shelter. Good fun, that is!
And a big thank you from a dog lover! I'm glad there are people like you who help to make sure the canine crowd is well cared for. :)

Rem

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Sigh. So many cute dogs. I wish....
Cardinal you've got to put your avatar back. I'm reading this thread and start to wonder if JordanB is being sarcastic or simply invented another way to commit Cyburbia suicide.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
... the Chinesse Buffet was open.
LOL...And so many cute kittens, looks like I know what I'll be eating when I go to Korean Fried Kitten tomorrow! Wait I've got a cat here, midnight snack time!

Budgie

Cyburbian
(Sing to Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin)

The cats in the kettle at the Peking Moon;
The place I eat everyday at noon;
They say that it breaded chicken or pork;
But it's meowing there on my fork.
There's a hair ball on my fork.

Budgie

Cyburbian
My Pooch

I have a dog named Henry, but we call him either Hank or Dumb Ass. No one has any idea what floats in his swirling gene concotion. The vet just scratches his heads and says --- Uh, terrier mix? He doesn't rub his genetial on my jeans anymore, so he must be getting old.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Re: My Pooch

Budgie said:
[BHe doesn't rub his genetial on my jeans anymore, so he must be getting old. [/B]
Hum thats what my other said, until she goes to sleep. Ha ha ha ha ha. Whats that moving under the sheets, where's your hands, are you playing lacrosse again? For some reason I feel like Kevin Spacey in American Beauty lately.
Wait pets, I like animals.

Time for a drink before the lacrosse championship.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Re: Re: My Pooch

Rumpy Tuna said:
For some reason I feel like Kevin Spacey in American Beauty lately.
College towns are petting zoos. My brother is a college Chemistry professor at a state university which will remain nameless to retain potential victims. Anyway, he's constantly playing "Don't stand too close to me" by the Police in his office. The young ladies try really hard to get good grades.

Check this out (not literally). I thought one of my kids wet the bed the other night, but as it turned out I was shooting glue. I guess that makes me 13 years old.

Oh, excuse me !!! Was that a little too much information? Did I mention I have a pet, but I'm unable to post images and my avatars are always too big (bytes wise).

donk

Cyburbian
No current pets for me. Just the same ones as I posted before down at the farm, with maybe a new lamb or two.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Re: My Pooch

Budgie said:
He doesn't rub his genetial on my jeans anymore, so he must be getting old.
AFAIK... they don't do that for erotic stimulation, but rather do it to see the hierarchy, so if the dog tried to hump your leg, it was trying to see if you were in top or not, in the hierarchy scale, so if he stopped doing it it's because it learned it's place. So when you see a male dog over another male dog, that's more or less what they're doing, meaning that it doesn't involve "gayness". Although dogs also play lacrosse... and at any age.

H

Cyburbian
The closest I have to a pet.

This is Bobbie. He is 1/3 bobcat, 1/3 Lynx and 1/3 housecat. We got him form my wife’s uncle’s exotic animal farm in Arkansas and gave him to my father (who lives in Atlanta) last x-mas. I wish I had a picture that showed his bobbed tail, but this is the best one I have. He is probably about 4-6 months old in this picture.

1281bobbie_copy-med.jpg

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Re: The closest I have to a pet.

H said:
This is Bobbie. He is 1/3 bobcat, 1/3 Lynx and 1/3 housecat. We got him form my wife’s uncle’s exotic animal farm in Arkansas and gave him to my father (who lives in Atlanta) last x-mas. I wish I had a picture that showed his bobbed tail, but this is the best one I have. He is probably about 4-6 months old in this picture.

1281bobbie_copy-med.jpg
Just how exactly to you get 1/3rd of an animal? Shouldn't they be on the order of purebred, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc.? If a bobcat and lynx mate, the offspring is 1/2 bobcat and 1/2 lynx. Now if a housecat is then bred with that offspring, that makes the result 1/4 bobcat, 1/4 lynx, and 1/2 housecat. Where and how does 1/3 come in? I don't think it is possible.

Damn, I'm starting to soudn like JordanB. Oh hell. Must be the halloween influence.:-c

H

Cyburbian
Re: Re: The closest I have to a pet.

SlaveToTheGrind said:
Just how exactly to you get 1/3rd of an animal? Shouldn't they be on the order of purebred, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc.? If a bobcat and lynx mate, the offspring is 1/2 bobcat and 1/2 lynx. Now if a housecat is then bred with that offspring, that makes the result 1/4 bobcat, 1/4 lynx, and 1/2 housecat. Where and how does 1/3 come in? I don't think it is possible.

Damn, I'm starting to soudn like JordanB. Oh hell. Must be the halloween influence.:-c
His mother was a housecat that was simultaneously impregnated by a bobcat and a lynx…. 8-!

I don’t frichen know. Maybe my fractions are off. Parts are parts.

Last edited:

H

Cyburbian

SlaveToTheGrind said:

Actually the reason I said thirds is because there is no science to his mix (the farm is in Arkansas you see). The three animals started breeding on their own and then the offspring had offspring. This cat is of the second generation and no one has any idea what the true fractions are. All we know is that there was house cat, bobcat and lynx involved. So since we don’t know the real fractions we just say thirds.

I know this isn’t very “planner like”, but it is the best we can do?

Last edited:

donk

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: The closest I have to a pet.

H said:
Actually the reason I said thirds is because there is no science to his mix (the farm is in Arkansas you see). The three animals started breeding on their own and then the offspring had offspring. This cat is of the second generation and no one has any idea what the true fractions are. All we know is that there was house cat, bobcat and lynx involved. So since we don’t know the real fractions we just say thirds.

I know this isn’t very “planner like”, but it is the best we can do?
It is perfectly planner like, the reason I'm a planner is that architecture or engineering require too much math.

martini

Cyburbian

I know, another pic of the dog, but I just love this freakin' dog. He does as much with us as he can. Loves running in the woods as we ride our bikes, going to the disc golf course and running, Running to get his frisbees in the yard, running to chase the cats inthe ouse, running to get the balls i threw, you get the point.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Re: Re: Re: Re: The closest I have to a pet.

donk said:
the reason I'm a planner is that architecture or engineering require too much math.
Hey, you mean I'm not the only one?? lmao....and of course for the ckicks. ;)

tsc

Cyburbian
Re: The closest I have to a pet.

H said:
This is Bobbie. He is 1/3 bobcat, 1/3 Lynx and 1/3 housecat.

1281bobbie_copy-med.jpg
kewel.... post new picture...how big/heavy is he???

biscuit

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The closest I have to a pet.

RichmondJake said:
Hey, you mean I'm not the only one?? lmao....and of course for the ckicks. ;)
Me? I'm in if for the money.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The closest I have to a pet.

biscuit said:
Me? I'm in if for the money.
What is this 'money' of which you speak?

H

Cyburbian

tsc said:
kewel.... post new picture...how big/heavy is he???
The breed will tend to be about the size of a medium (“miniature” I think) poodle. This means the front paws will come up to the waist of an average man. However, Bobbie is only slightly bigger than the average “large” housecat and he is only slightly bigger now than shown in the photo. Which is why he is able to be kept by my dad (who does not live on a farm). The full size cats will run the farms animals (like a sheepdog). They are very good at keeping goats in line.

The features are slight, but distinct:

· A naturally bobbed tail
· The fur is very “wild animal” like. Like if you have ever felt a mounted fox
· They have long back legs and look like a hot-rod when they walk. Bobbie makes it up a full flight of stairs with only 1 bounce. Yeah, it is psycho!
· They have a pouch under their belly used for food storage while hunting– its saggy
· Their eyes are very piercing, “cat eyes”
· Their ears are shaped different than a normal cat (but I cant tell)
· And best of all they are very friendly and full of personality. They want to be around people. This is a breed trait, not just Bobbie. Bobbie will follow the crowd with every room change, like from the dinning room to the living room and then to the bedroom. If there is a crowd in the living room he takes turns sitting on everyone’s lap. He sleeps in the bed with my dad and his wife every night except when there are guest (like me) and then he sleeps with them by his choice (if allowed). He is normally waiting in your bed by the time you are done brushing your teeth.
· He has a cat door and does all his “business” outside.
· From a far he looks like a normal cat and he never leaves the yard.

You should see some of the other exotic animal on the farm. He sells all sorts of crazy animals like flying squirrels and kabbies (looks like a mix of a kangaroo and jackrabbit).

martini

Cyburbian
H, sounds like a cool cat. Are they a breed that is sold through normal channels or is it something you just kinda happen upon? My cats are also VERY socail animals, rather odd for a normal feline. All the cats I've had in my life have been very shy untill now.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Meet Bailey.

Meet Guinness.

Guinness and Bailey.

Bailey and Guinness.

Guinness and Bailey.

Kathie_WE

Cyburbian
Here are our beagle boys Toby & Robbie -- two of the most spoiled fuzzy people that you will ever come across. They sleep under the covers at our feet, speak to us when they want something, lounge around the house on piece of furniture they desire, and get just about anything they want when they want it -- especially when visiting the petstore. What do the say about DINKS and their pets????

biscuit

Cyburbian
Kathie_WE said:
Here are our beagle boys Toby & Robbie -- two of the most spoiled fuzzy people that you will ever come across. They sleep under the covers at our feet, speak to us when they want something, lounge around the house on piece of furniture they desire, and get just about anything they want when they want it -- especially when visiting the petstore. What do the say about DINKS and their pets????
Cute. My Dad always kept a few beagles around the house as rabbit dogs (although he only goes hunting maybe once every five years or so, go figure) and I've always had a soft spot for them. Great natured, even tempered dogs.

Dan You'll have to refresh my memory. Are Bailey and Guinness Portuguese Water something or other?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I lost a pet today. Since I moved out here 2.5 years ago, there have been a number of birds I have gotten to know very well, and regard almost as pets. Two special ones are my resident downy woodpeckers, Chip and Laura. The mix of nuts in one of my feeders was especially for them. My hammering while working on the house the first summer always got their attention, and that same year they built a place of their own in the great old oak tree.

As I went out to pick up my mail from the mailbox this afternoon, I came across dozens of feathers and clumps of down at the base of the tree. I am afraid one of my little friends lost a battle with a hawk or owl. I think it was Laura, the more gregarious of the two. The yard will be a sadder place without her.