• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Post your picture in front of a macy*s thread

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
This is a brilliant idea for a thread. I should have gone to the macy*s in Tallahassee when I was there yesterday.

Here's the first. It's Justin Bieber!!! (But I don't think Justin is a Cyburbian...but this guy looks like a Cyburbian) ;)

Post away, Cyburbians!!!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
No credit.... I get no respect... :) I look forward to seeing this thread blossom... I would imagine this thread should evolve to have lots of things in front of a Macys... like lolz cats... :not: ;) :D

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
As soon as I can get downtown I'm posting mine. I don't have a Macy's real near by...as you may be aware they're very exclusive and indicate the presence of "lifestyle". Not in my hood.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Unfortunately, we don't have a ★macy's here; the clsoest one is about 30 miles away. I can get a photo in front of a head shop or some kind of co-op instead, if that will do.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Unfortunately, we don't have a ★macy's here; the clsoest one is about 30 miles away. I can get a photo in front of a head shop or some kind of co-op instead, if that will do.
Ditto.. nearest one is 30 miles, but i dare not step foot in that hood'.

Should have taken a picture of the one i walked by last night in Santa Barbara.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Not to make SLO feel inadequate or anything, but my small city has a Macy's, Right on the edge of town between the Catholic cemetary and a mini mall. But taking a picture of me in front of it might violate my agreement under the Federal Witness Protection Program. So sorry.

Gotta Speakup

Cyburbian
Maybe Ill go downtown and take a pic on Sunday or Monday, if the hurricane doesnt come (I don't want m hair to be bad in the pic!)

One additional thought: would a person get bonus points if they worked at a Macy's? Or took one at the Macy's in SLO?

Brocktoon

Cyburbian
RJ the beard makes you look old and and out of shape...is that your boy friend looking over your right shoulder? :lmao: :h:

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
RJ the beard makes you look old and and out of shape...is that your boy friend looking over your right shoulder? :lmao: :h:
And those close-set blue eyes shining thru the sunglasses are really disturbing.

Linda_D

Cyburbian
The closest Macys to Jamestown is 50 miles away in Erie, PA. The next closest is 60 miles away in Hamburg, NY. I don't suppose a Bon Ton is upscale enough ... and definitely not Sears or JC Penneys.

DetroitPlanner

Cyburbian Emeritus
Can I take my photo in front of a Hudson's instead?
Only if it is one that was closed by Macy's and is located near to your office! :) Bonus points if you get Brooks in the shot with you. That beats out Bieber!

I might take mine by the steel girders sticking out of the concrete. Or I might go to northland where they kept the name up for yucks as well as the WW-2 Honor Roll. Or maybe Somerset where I can get my pic taken by one of the brass water fountains I had to drink out of whenever I saw one. There must have been a tousand in that old store!

Otis

Cyburbian
The closest Macys to Jamestown is 50 miles away in Erie, PA. The next closest is 60 miles away in Hamburg, NY. I don't suppose a Bon Ton is upscale enough ... and definitely not Sears or JC Penneys.
Can I take my photo in front of a Hudson's instead?
What is it about "in front of a Macy's" you people don't get? Is a crunchy store a Macy's? No? Then no. Is a Bon Ton a Macy's? No? Then no. Is a Hudson's a Macy's? No? Then no. Only Macy's counts. Or possibly an upscale restaurant like an Olive Garden.;) CPSUraf might get away with the waterfall at the Madona Inn, though.

There's no Macy's in Otisville, so unless I get to Salem, about 50 miles away, or Portland, about 90 miles away, you won't see a photo of me in front of one. We don't even have an Olive Garden here.

DetroitPlanner

Cyburbian Emeritus
Is a Hudson's a Macy's? No? Then no. Only Macy's counts.
Hudson's merged into Dayton's to become Dayton-Hudson. The Detroit stores remained as Hudson's. About 20 years ago Dayton-Hudson bought Marshall Field's. Eventually Dayton-Hudson took the name of its most famous store, Target. It then got ready to sell off all the other stores. This included B Dalton Books, Mervyn's and the Big Department Stores. Nobody wanted Mervyn's so they closed up shop. They then had the bight idea to market all of thier large department stores as one so they changed the name of all of them to Marshall Field. Well Marshall Field was then bought and sold a couple of times and eventually becamed owned by Macy's. Hence all of the Macy's here are old Hudson's with the exception of the one Macy's closed. It is nothing in a empty mall that was the victim of outlet malls and big boxes.

Therefore Hudson's counts by my account.

mgk920

Cyburbian
There is a ★macy's store here (Appleton, WI) that was originally a Marshall Field's and then a Dayton's, but I avoid the mall that it is a part of like the plague!

Mike

Otis

Cyburbian
Hudson's merged into Dayton's to become Dayton-Hudson. The Detroit stores remained as Hudson's. About 20 years ago Dayton-Hudson bought Marshall Field's. Eventually Dayton-Hudson took the name of its most famous store, Target. It then got ready to sell off all the other stores. This included B Dalton Books, Mervyn's and the Big Department Stores. Nobody wanted Mervyn's so they closed up shop. They then had the bight idea to market all of thier large department stores as one so they changed the name of all of them to Marshall Field. Well Marshall Field was then bought and sold a couple of times and eventually becamed owned by Macy's. Hence all of the Macy's here are old Hudson's with the exception of the one Macy's closed. It is nothing in a empty mall that was the victim of outlet malls and big boxes.

Therefore Hudson's counts by my account.
So if I follow this correctly, a dead Hudson's = Macy's? Is that right?

Richmond Jake

I pictured you differently, US. Nonetheless, that's funny stuff. Bordering on brilliance. :lmao:

And those close-set blue eyes shining thru the sunglasses are really disturbing.
I yet to have my image captured at a macy*s. But it will happen.

EDIT: Anybody have the link to that guy's image? I have some ideas...

Last edited:

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Rj posts the thread, and our nearest Macy's is almost 2hrs from here! Make it just impossible for me, him, or us to get a pic.:-{ We are truly in the middle of nowhere.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rj posts the thread, and our nearest Macy's is almost 2hrs from here! Make it just impossible for me, him, or us to get a pic.:-{ We are truly in the middle of nowhere.
What you lack in Macy's I have in abundance here. The only one that I truly like is the flagship store in NYC, the rest are just kinda meh.

The One

Cyburbian
Hmmmmm

Now I'm on a mission to get my pic in front of as many Macy's as possible:D

Dan, Post that notice I sent you in this thread:-c

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Does she get extra ponts for riding her bike to take the picture ? :h:

Richmond Jake

West Palm Beach FL.

ZG may have been a little bit tipsy when she took this picture. ;)

DetroitPlanner

Cyburbian Emeritus
Wow CPSU I would have thought Santa Barbra would have had a much cleaner looking Macy's than that!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
We might have to change this to "Post your picture power-washing macy*s thread"... :D

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Wow CPSU I would have thought Santa Barbra would have had a much cleaner looking Macy's than that!
Funny you mention that.. Mrs. CPSUraf took the architectural design tour downtown as a part of a mobile workshop and than told me that when Macy*s did come in, it had to abide by the whole "spanish/monterey style architecture". It is a big building..it just so happens that the side of the wall is a blank facade that the City hates :D

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
It's like he's thinking "G'damn macy's. Why'd the old lady grad me here? Why couldn't we have gone to Sears? At least I could have looked at tools there while she was looking at blouses." Awesome.

Maybe next weekend I'll drive down to Elmira or Binghamton and get a Macy's shot.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Do I get bonus points for posting a picture of my wife in front of Harrod's in London? <insert snobby smilie looking down on Macy's here>

Richmond Jake

Where in the world is RJ?

Naples :florida:

EDIT: That's three for me.

Last edited:

Richmond Jake

Make that four. (Santa Rosa CA, Coddingtown Shopping Center)

I'll post more tomorrow from our trip to the Golden State. Images will include our walking trip through the historic Petaluma CA downtown and around San Francisco's Alamo Square.

Tide

Cyburbian
There are no Macy's in Eastern NC so this one in downtown SLC will have to do.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
ZCMI store .... I'm glad that great facade was preserved, at least.
I had forgotten about that store name. I remember back in the late 70's the orginal in Salt Lake City.