• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Post your picture in front of a macy*s thread

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
A great effort, Tide!!! It's a winner!!! :trophy: :thumbsup: :brofist:

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Biggest Macy's in the world anyone? Yep...

photo.jpg

rcgplanner

Cyburbian
Here's my visit to our local Macy's, although I should have done this sooner considering I work across the street from the mall. Oh well, better late than never... If U19 was still here he would have a melt-down over what Macy's I am in front of. :D

Last edited:

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Here's my visit to our local Macy's, although I should have done this sooner considering I work across the street from the mall. Oh well, better late than never...

The real question is.. did you go inside and a little bit of you died inside thinking of U19 and the sadness of said mall (but hey they still have an organge julis right?) :-c or even better, why the hell are people up in arms about a new discount center in the downtown? That was some hilarious story last night on the news.

rcgplanner

Cyburbian
The real question is.. did you go inside and a little bit of you died inside thinking of U19 and the sadness of said mall (but hey they still have an organge julis right?) :-c or even better, why the hell are people up in arms about a new discount center in the downtown? That was some hilarious story last night on the news.
I walk around that mall at least once a week at lunch time, and yes they still have an Orange Julius. *yum* There are some weird things going on in that mall, an indoor skateboard park was just added to the skate shop and now there are going to be batting cages. Supposedly when the new movie theater opens the mall will announce several new stores and restaurants. Apparently the mall is about to undergo a $3M upgrade and renovation. Maybe that will give downtown the push it needs.

The discount store thing is getting pretty intense here. I think people are peeved that the rumor of a Forever 21 going in the old Mervyns, like it did in SLO, isn't going to happen. The idea of a discount store right in the heart of our attempting to revitalize downtown isn't great, but that damn building has been empty for over 5 years now, and something needs to be done. Guess we'll see what happens at Planning Commission in a few weeks...

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
[OT]
I walk around that mall at least once a week at lunch time, and yes they still have an Orange Julius. *yum* There are some weird things going on in that mall, an indoor skateboard park was just added to the skate shop and now there are going to be batting cages. Supposedly when the new movie theater opens the mall will announce several new stores and restaurants. Apparently the mall is about to undergo a $3M upgrade and renovation. Maybe that will give downtown the push it needs.

The discount store thing is getting pretty intense here. I think people are peeved that the rumor of a Forever 21 going in the old Mervyns, like it did in SLO, isn't going to happen. The idea of a discount store right in the heart of our attempting to revitalize downtown isn't great, but that damn building has been empty for over 5 years now, and something needs to be done. Guess we'll see what happens at Planning Commission in a few weeks...
You can PM me the answer but why would the PC needs to review this? Isn't this an allowed use?[/OT]

DetroitPlanner

Cyburbian Emeritus
Only Macy's by me are crappy mall locations. We've seen many of those posted. Seen one, ya seen them all.

Veloise

Cyburbian
DT Chi-town

Contrary to form, this was a multi-modal (train and pedestrian) visit.

Richmond Jake

Four in two days!!!

Altamonte Mall

Fashion Square

Mall at Millenia

Seminole Towne Center

Who's your daddy? :D

Otis

Cyburbian
Four in two days! This is a feat we cannot too much admire.

[OT]How do you post a red star? Or four red stars, for that matter.[/OT]

Rygor

Cyburbian
Four in two days! This is a feat we cannot too much admire.

[OT]How do you post a red star? Or four red stars, for that matter.[/OT]
Oooh! Great Idea for a new emoticon symbol.

And well done, RJ!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Methinks you misapprehend my meaning. Not "It is so silly that we can't admire this very much" but "It is so awe-inspiring that it is impossible to over-admire it." :trophy:
All we did was drive around to a few malls.... :r::D But it was wonderful to be back in my hometown.

Jordan Marsh - Burdines-Macy's.

Richmond Jake

TO at another macy*s. Notice the star hovering over his head. It's a signal of some form.

Richmond Jake

Downtown Spokane WA

Spokane Valley Mall

Coeur d Alene ID - Silver Valley Mall

And the trifecta in downtown Portland OR... ZG, Otis and me.

Richmond Jake

You folks need get your cameras out and get off your arses. I'm up to 14 different macy*s. :D

Richmond Jake

Two more for the effort

:macys: Terra Linda CA (Marin County) Northgate Mall

:macys: Santa Rosa CA (Sonoma County) Santa Rosa Plaza

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, California.