• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Post your picture in front of a macy*s thread

DetroitPlanner

Cyburbian Emeritus
A little? It might have been the beginning of the end of quality retail establishments.
Marshall Fields started to dies when Dayton's/Hudson's bought it decades before they sold it. I can remember seeing the exact same ads in both the Chicago Tribune and Detroit Free Press with different store names on them.

South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, California.
I've been to that Macy's!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Let's see if this works.

I guess not. What ever....

Walla Walla and Kennewick WA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Planit

Cyburbian
I could have had my picture taken in front of Macy's in the South Loop area of Chicago, but I refused because it should really still be Marshall & Fields.

BTW - in the business news, they have announced that 40 Macy's stores are closing. What will RJ do now? Maybe he should make it a quest to get his picture taken in front of each of those slated for closure...Yes...No ...do we need a poll?

jsk1983

Cyburbian
I could have had my picture taken in front of Macy's in the South Loop area of Chicago, but I refused because it should really still be Marshall & Fields.

BTW - in the business news, they have announced that 40 Macy's stores are closing. What will RJ do now? Maybe he should make it a quest to get his picture taken in front of each of those slated for closure...Yes...No ...do we need a poll?
People seem to love Marshall Fields. The first Sears store is just down the street from me and I'm not anyone cares. Judging by the outside of the building I'm not sure they care.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
People seem to love Marshall Fields. The first Sears store is just down the street from me and I'm not anyone cares. Judging by the outside of the building I'm not sure they care.
Marshall Fields was an icon for years. I think there is still a lot nostalgia for the store. It's very old Chicago.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
The plaque sign on the corner does say Marshall Fields. If you look up at the pick I took in that location (further up on this page), you can still see it at the intersection.

Planit

Cyburbian
The plaque sign on the corner does say Marshall Fields. If you look up at the pick I took in that location (further up on this page), you can still see it at the intersection.
Yepper. I saw it and remembered the last time I had been in Chi-town when it was still M&F. Wanted to go in but it was early Sunday morning & they weren't open.

Mrs. P was looking for Philean's Basement a block or 2 down, but it was gone - closed permanently.

Richmond Jake

Otis is killing me with his pictures. Three of them. Bastard. I have no clue how to post the link.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Otis is killing me with his pictures. Three of them. Bastard. I have no clue how to post the link.
Here's what the link to your earlier photo looks like. I added line breaks so that the hyperlink shows up.

Paste the link to your new photo and then add

at the end of the URL.

Richmond Jake

I guess only Raf received my picture today from Sarasota. I'll try to post it when I get home.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Sugar Land, Texas

Screenshot_20190907-210115.png

Pro tip: no XL/XT bathrobe here. Dillard's came through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan