• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Post your picture, part 2

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Since we've got a lot of new members who might not have seen the old thread, I thought I'd start a new one. Gang, post a recent picture.

Here's one of me, taken during my trip to New Mexico last week. I'm getting a haircut tomorrow, BTW.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Sort of Recent....from APA National in Denver, and I know I've posted them before....

Nerudite and NHPlanner:

Dan, Chet, NHPlanner:

jordanb

Cyburbian
As it turns out, I have very few pictures of myself. Here's the best one I could find (I'm on the right, and don't complain about colors, I just let auto-equalize work its magic):

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Are those two guys dancing in the background? What kind of party is that you are at? ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
Are those two guys dancing in the background? What kind of party is that you are at? ;)
You'll fit right in when you move to Madison. ;)
Seven square miles surrounded by reality.

SGB

Cyburbian
A picture of me with my sister from last fall. That's my son's artwork over her left shoulder.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
hey, that self timer thing really works.....

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Try again..

If not, it's in the gallery :

570chrischad4-med.jpg

Mod Edit (NHPlanner): Image link fixed....just needed to take the numbers after the ".jpg" extension off. :)

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
I'm sorry for being ignorant, are you the guy or gal in the engagment photo? Cute pic btw. :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
*knowing SWMI is female*

Here's a quick self picture, we haven't gotten professional pics done yet, I'm on the right.

martini

Cyburbian
The wife, the Dog and Me.

Taken last fall on a ride in Wisco. I'm new here so no one's seen my mug as of yet.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
It was a college roommate's wedding back in May. Things got a little crazy since there were 40 or so of us from our college. I probably had a pretty strong buzz on at the point the picture was taken. :)

Oh, now I get it - those two guys were talking, not dancing together. Not that there would be anything wrong with that... although I did go to a Jesuit school, so it would've seemed a little scandalous to those at the wedding.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Greenscapist

Are you a Dostoyevsky fan? I couldn't help but notice the Crime and Punishment reference.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Re: Greenscapist

Budgie said:
Are you a Dostoyevsky fan? I couldn't help but notice the Crime and Punishment reference.
Yes. Dostoyevsky is amazing. That's my favorite book; everyone should read it. When I was looking at the avatars, I saw the sketched one that I chose and it just screamed Raskolnikov to me.

Budgie

Cyburbian
I'm not the only one.

Sometimes I use the name Karamazov. I haven't read all of his work, but so far Brothers Karamazov is my favorite. Crime and Punishment is excellent as well. Dostoyevsky is hardcore Tolstoy.

Jeff

Cyburbian

From an advertising shot for one of my sponsors, stop looking at my legs Tran.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
We could start our cyburbia 'hot or not', but I'm not going first (or probably at all for that matter)
A buddy of mine put my pic on there a few months ago... Because he thought that he would get a better score than me. He would not tell me what my score was... and I could not find it. But from what he said, the profile part was right on.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
We could start our cyburbia 'hot or not', but I'm not going first (or probably at all for that matter)
You can do "hot or not" style rankings in the Gallery now!

BTW, I had my picture on "Am I Hot or Not?" a year ago or so. Got a 6, which is what I expected; it's how I would rank myself. A little better than average because of my hair and eyes, but still not a chisled hunk or skinny Civic-driving street racer wannabe.

Seems like men get higher votes if they have that bling-bling or boy band look, and women are ranked higher if they're blonde or scantily clad.

Jessie might do well, since she's got an exotic Latina look.. Without a waist-up shot, though, her rating might get hurt. :(

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Dan said:
Jessie might do well, since she's got an exotic Latina look.. Without a waist-up shot, though, her rating might get hurt. :(
Ohhhhh, Jessssssieeeeee...

Back away from that webcam just a tad, would you?

NHPlanner

Staff member
Dan said:
You can do "hot or not" style rankings in the Gallery now!

BTW, I had my picture on "Am I Hot or Not?" a year ago or so. Got a 6, which is what I expected; it's how I would rank myself. A little better than average because of my hair and eyes, but still not a chisled hunk or skinny Civic-driving street racer wannabe.
I just looked up my rating (yeah...my pic is there)....I'm way hotter than I thought! :p

You are hotter than 84% of men on this site!
200 people have rated you
for anyone here interested in rating me.... lol

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=KUKUEMO&key=QQT

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Greenscapist

Greenescapist said:
Dostoyevsky is amazing. That's my favorite book; everyone should read it.
I second that! I loved that book when I read in in school. I'm reading The Brothers Karamazov right now.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Mastiff said:
Wow... That wasn't smart. Now sit back and watch the rating plummet!
Don't care....it'll probably bring my rating down to what it should be!

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
I'm feeling a little like a piece of meat now...like pork chops or something. Liver?

I don't have a latina look. I guess I'll be forced to post another picture. The lighting is off and my hair was wet....blonder than that. That'll have to come from home.

Hot or not? Well, duh, I'm hella hot..hahaha. As Mike D. said, "Go for it." I promise not to get pissed......just don't crop my head and put it somewhere questionable. You could, however, put it on Pamela Anderson's body.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Jessie-J said:
I'm feeling a little like a piece of meat now...like pork chops or something. Liver?

I don't have a latina look. I guess I'll be forced to post another picture. The lighting is off and my hair was wet....blonder than that. That'll have to come from home.

Hot or not? Well, duh, I'm hella hot..hahaha. As Mike D. said, "Go for it." I promise not to get pissed......just don't crop my head and put it somewhere questionable. You could, however, put it on Pamela Anderson's body.
Be glad I moved to Oregon, or I'd see you at the MO APA conferences... Ever go to MML conferences? Man... talk about swag!