• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Post your picture, part 2

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Jessie-J said:
Nope, not a planner yet. So far just a curious student.

HMM good thing Cyburbia isnt devoted to followers of Building Inspection. That would make you B.I.curious....

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
I feel like such an old lady with all these young'ns around

sigh

I hear you.....pushing 30, which shouldn't make me feel old....but with the "new" cyburbanites, I'm feeling older!

biscuit

Cyburbian
This is biscuit...Planner, party pimp, one man disco inferno!

1157danceinferno-med.JPG

Edit: Sorry about the gallery link. I couldn't get the attachment to work.

Mod Edit (NHPlanner): Image Link fixed.

Last edited:

Jeff

Cyburbian
Dan said:
You can do "hot or not" style rankings in the Gallery now!

Where? How?

I'm ready to crush some egos ...

Umm I mean have my ego crushed.

NHPlanner

Staff member
In the tradition of the original thread....here's the latest pic of my daughter, spending time in Daddy's office....

3P6170031-med.JPG

martini

Cyburbian
Pa!

Feeling old and pushing 30....I AM 30 and am still a student. Actually I probably always WILL be a student(but thats gettign too philosophical for now...) May I offer an ammendment to the picture posting: add how old you are as well(if you so dare put up with the mocking I'm sure will ensue...)

carlomarx

Cyburbian
Never have a ventriloquist take your picture.

..."Where's the camera?"

I'm 24, scorpio, and my turn-ons are cooking, camping, and complex eyes.

Last edited:

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
add how old you are as well(if you so dare put up with the mocking I'm sure will ensue...)
My picture is back on page one of this thread (I'm the girl). And, I'm pushing 30 as well (October 2003). I'm not too stressed about, at least I don't think so? But then, everyone says I look a lot younger than I am.

Habanero

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
I'm pushing 30 as well (October 2003). I'm not too stressed about, at least I don't think so? But then, everyone says I look a lot younger than I am.

I'd concur, you look younger. James is pushing 30 too, just for fun I tease him about how old he'll be when I'm X. :)

NHPlanner

Staff member
As I mentioned, 29....turn 30 in December.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
I'm 25.
I know you let it go, but you began Mastiff.

We should have a huge Cyburbia party, I'd love to meet you all in person.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:

You just missed it, it was last weekend. What? You weren't invited? Downtown sent out the invites.

CAT FIGHT!

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
and.... nice picture Carlomarx .... I like the sky and the colors and the candid shot. Nice compositon. Intentional? Is your ventriloquist for hire?

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
You just missed it, it was last weekend. What? You weren't invited? Downtown sent out the invites.

Oh, yeah, I heard about that. I figured it was just a setup between you and Downtown so she could show you how to shave your legs.

carlomarx

Cyburbian
Thanks, Jessie. My ventriloquist/personal portraiteer/big sister actually is for hire (address at the end).

Yeah, she surprised me with that picture. The one after it has me mouthing "don't do that!"

Too bad I missed the party. It was in Denver? A pleasant 2-hr drive would have been worth it.

Big Sis's photos (shameless plug for the kinfolk):
www.lisas-photography.com

Cardinal

Cyburbian
carlomarx said:
Just because there was just a party, that doesn't mean that there can't be one next weekend!

We can have an Upper Midwest CyburbiaFest when Budgie comes to Wisconsin this fall. There are enough Wisconsin and Illinois Cyburbians to have a good core group, if we can drag along some from further away.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Jessie-J said:
I'm 25.
I know you let it go, but you began Mastiff.

Me?! I would never start anything... *innocent whistle*

Oh, and I offered up my house for a big gathering, but I'm a bit out of the way.

H

Cyburbian
Here is my wife and I last Fall at our favorite catfish house in Mississippi. Every Sunday they have all-you-can-eat catfish, local musicians collect and play a bluegrass jam, and you can bring your own booze (which is nice while you wait on the porch).

I have not yet found a place like this in Miami, but am looking…

(Side note: The golf cart…well it is a really small town (there is NO golf course) and many people use golf carts to get around).

Last edited:

Jeff

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:
Oh, yeah, I heard about that. I figured it was just a setup between you and Downtown so she could show you how to shave your legs.

I could probably teach her a thing or 2, she's the one who doesn't shave her legs in the winter (upstate NY)

*scary that I know these things*

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
ahhh 18 here and soon to be 19 :D

What? photo? noooo Here in Chile we believe that cameras steal our souls! ;) :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Me?! I would never start anything... *innocent whistle*

Oh, and I offered up my house for a big gathering, but I'm a bit out of the way.

Yeah, I'd offer up my wedding reception, but I know open bar and cyburbanites= trouble. :)

Rem

Cyburbian
From an advertising shot for one of my sponsors, stop looking at my legs Tran. [/B][/QUOTE]

Is that a tattoo on your leg. I think Cyburbia deserves a close up.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Ouch

OK, now I am worried. I think that I might be the young one of the group. I am only 24, and will be 25 at the END of the year.

As for a get together, if we start planning it out now, we should have a party at the APA Nat. in DC next spring. That way, people can save up if they do not have an expense account.

I have seen pic's of everyone together in Denver, maybe talking about one now, will get more people to be there.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Ouch

michaelskis said:
we start planning it out now, we should have a party at the APA Nat. in DC next spring.

That goes without saying. There was a get-together in Chicago last year and Denver this year.

donk

Cyburbian
This is the only a$$ you'll ever see me kiss.

173donk2_for_web.jpg

I'm the one wearing the green coat.
icon12.gif

Age = 32

As for the get together Nerudite, JMF and I are going for lunch in halifax next week. I hope to be able to go to APA in DC next year.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
After the dork glasses, with the new gato (I finally had to kill the one eyed cat)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Chet said:
After the dork glasses, with the new gato (I finally had to kill the one eyed cat)

Figured I better explain that, given all the kitty killing goin on around here.

My long term gato got cancer inside his eye and the damned vet convinced me he could live YEARS with an eye-sectomy. I said "no" to a $700 procedure and the vet felt sooo bad he haggled and did the eyesectomy for material cost -- $290. Poor guy lived another 14 months after the cancer came back around his face, jaw, and stopped him from eating. In hind sight, if an animal costs you money, kill it mercifully.