• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Post your picture, part 2

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Not a great photo, but one of the most recent.

Bonus points to first person who can tell everyone exactly where I am.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
Yes, but which Canada?

I would guess either in England or Scotland based on your recent trip...

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
NHPlanner said:
I would guess either in England or Scotland based on your recent trip...

Yep. It's Canada, Hampshire. My wife and I were driving by and just had to stop in. One pub (not open yet), and a couple of houses. Apparently it was named after a nearby WWII bomber base that the RCAF flew out of.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Tranplanner said:
Yep. It's Canada, Hampshire. My wife and I were driving by and just had to stop in. One pub (not open yet), and a couple of houses. Apparently it was named after a nearby WWII bomber base that the RCAF flew out of.

Very cool. What do I win? ;)

NHPlanner

Staff member
Tranplanner said:
Not from me...I'm jealously guarding the ones Donk brought me last week.

Now I'm jealous. I guess I'll hope donk gets that job in NH so he can bring me some!

I guess I'll settle for these this weekend...

Mattsparrot1.jpeg

weiz.1.jpg

donk

Cyburbian
Originally posted by NHPlanner
Can I get Garrison with them?

NHP, I'll bring you some next time I am down, hopefully it should be soon.

If I'd known I'd have brought some last time.

Slowly but sure consuming my creemores, the 50's are next(they keep longer)

NHPlanner

Staff member
donk said:
NHP, I'll bring you some next time I am down, hopefully it should be soon.

I knew there was a reason I liked you! ;)

donk

Cyburbian
OT

I'm going to try to take the tour when I am in halifax this week. They make a jalpeno beer that sounds interesting.

NHPlanner

Staff member
donk said:
OT

I'm going to try to take the tour when I am in halifax this week. They make a jalpeno beer that sounds interesting.

I wanted to do the tour last year....but it was my honeymoon...so there were other, um, priorities. ;)

Be sure to say hi to nerudite for me....and let her know that my paranoia is gone. She'll know what I'm talking about.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
OT

One of the bars in Moab used to do that -- help me out, Carlomarx, was it Eddie McStiffs or the Moab Brewery? Anyways, it was awful. So was the pine bear, the lemon beer, the blueberry beer, etc. Beer is beer. Water, hops, malt, etc., no "extra flavors" except maybe Door County cherries in a Belgian style.

Habanero

Cyburbian
donk said:
OT

Oh, don't do it, we've got a brewery in Cave Creek that makes it- it's like bottled heart burn.

Re: Pedro

Budgie said:
Pedro was one hell of a hitter. I've been a reformed Dodger fan since Steve Garvey left.

Pedro is a pottymouth.

We never hit the booty club, but I think it would have been good times.

If Pedro Guerrero ever invites you to the booty club, se dice "si".

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
It's me; and this is what happens when the wine does not properly compliment the food. Sorry, not a great pic but the best I could do.

Rem

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
It's me; and this is what happens when the wine does not properly compliment the food. Sorry, not a great pic but the best I could do.
The give away is the number of glasses, and how full/empty they are, sitting in front of you.

JNL

Cyburbian
Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I finally got a picture of myself and thought I'd share...

This is from a wedding I went to on Saturday. I'm the one on the right.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
JNL said:
This is from a wedding I went to on Saturday. I'm the one on the right.

Fix the date stamp on your camera if that was Saturday. ;)

JNL

Cyburbian
It was the 12th.. we started early, had already had quite a few glasses of champers before that was taken!

Oh now I get you... that is the date convention we use here: day/month/year.

LouisvilleSlugger

Cyburbian
JNL said:
It was the 12th.. we started early, had already had quite a few glasses of champers before that was taken!

sniff sniff..did I hear someone say champagne...sounds good..mm!

sounded like fun!!!! your friend looks pretty happy.

JNL

Cyburbian
Yes champagne... LOTS of champagne... free all night. Lots of fun dancing. Only problem was that there was one single guy there and I was the only single gal and people were trying to set us up... single guy just seemed to assume that I would go along with it - but I managed to escape.

Last edited: