• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Posting via Voice Recognition Devices

From not on, I can only post on message boards by speaking into voice recognition devices. (This is due to my physical disabilities.)

Whilie these devices are improving at remarkable rates, they are still far from perfect. As a result, my Cyburbia posts will appear to be a bit more "sloppy" than they used to look. The content quality, however, will be as it was before. I hope that Cyburbians will be understanding.

Is there anybody else here who does most posting via voice recognition devices?

Tide

Cyburbian
From not on, I can only post on message boards by speaking into voice recognition devices. (This is due to my physical disabilities.)

Whilie these devices are improving at remarkable rates, they are still far from perfect. As a result, my Cyburbia posts will appear to be a bit more "sloppy" than they used to look. The content quality, however, will be as it was before. I hope that Cyburbians will be understanding.

Is there anybody else here who does most posting via voice recognition devices?
I think you could post in the FAC about this. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but you'll still be more cogent than most.

Tide, it means a great deal to me that somebody acknowledged that he read this topic. Thank you for caring.

I didn't post this in FAC because it's really just an "announcement":
Whenever my writing style, grammar, syntax, spelling, etc, are not too good, I'm using a voice recognition device.

I'm using a great many upper-limb orthotic devices (orthoses) to manually input this post. That's why it's probably easy to comprehend.

(Those orthoses... I look like I have robot arms!)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Don't worry about it. We're just glad to see you here. :)

Seana, I had no idea. This was the first time I saw this.

I hope the voice recognition software does not deminish your your wit that I enjoy so much!

If I used voice recognition I hope my spelling would improve!

Rygor

Cyburbian
I'd say your posts are still more understandable and have better spelling and grammar than 95% of those I see on the interwebz.