• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Power Point on what does a planner do... for 8th graders!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
This Friday is when I am doing the presentation on Planning for a group of 8th graders. I was wondering if anyone and any other ideas on things I should include? I also need a screen shot of Sim City. I can not access the page from my work computer, so that does not help all that much.

So far, I am doing the basics of what a planner is, who we get to work with, the tools that we use, why we plan, and how it is allot like Sim City (the teacher wanted me to include that so that the 8th graders could connect to it)

Thank in advance!

ALSO!

I need a list of positive differences between planning in the Pubic and Private Sector.

Last edited by a moderator:

jestes

Cyburbian
I have a presentation that I put together a few months ago that might help. The only problem is getting it to you because it is a rather large file. If you have any suggestions I will be glad to try them.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
jestes said:
I have a presentation that I put together a few months ago that might help. The only problem is getting it to you because it is a rather large file. If you have any suggestions I will be glad to try them.
Can you send me a toppic outline?

jestes

Cyburbian
I have removed all of the images and reduced the file size considerably. PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

biscuit

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
ALSO!

I need a list of positive differences between planning in the Pubic and Private Sector.
Public Sector Planner

"O thank you kind taxpayer for the generous paycheck. Pehaps now my family can afford two cans of creamed corn this week."

Private Sector Planner

"Did somebody say 'brand new grant funded comp plan?' Kaching!"

Last edited:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Leave it to Biscuit
those pictures had me LOL :-D