• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Practices

Behind closed doors, who do you think are the kinkiest?

  • Democrats

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Republicans

    Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Libertarians

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Natural Lawers

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Socialists

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Communists

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • LaRoucheies

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Greenies

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Others (explain)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Liberals (CAN)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Progressives (CAN)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Democrats (CAN)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reform (CAN)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bloc Quebecois (CAN)

    Votes: 2 10.0%

  • Total voters
    20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom R

Cyburbian
Messages
2,274
Points
25
OK, Behind closed doors, who do you think are the kinkiest?

Democrats
Republicans
Libertarians
Reformies
Natural Lawies
Socialists
Communists
LaRoucheites
Independents
Others
 
Messages
3,690
Points
27
I voted Green party, if only for that image of the crunchy granola hippie pot loving stereotype that couldn't be further from Ralph Nader yet persists in my head. I also spent a summer working for NYPIRG and saw things at the summer retreat that would make your eyes fall out of your head.
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,624
Points
34
Except for the Kennedys, I think Republicans win hands down - all those repressed feelings....
 

BKM

Cyburbian
Messages
6,464
Points
29
Hey KMateja-did you ever see the skit on Saturday Night Live where these randy hippies/English professors/Renaissance Fair rejects share a hot tub at a bed and breakfast? Screamingly funny!
 
Messages
3,690
Points
27
BKM said:
Hey KMateja-did you ever see the skit on Saturday Night Live where these randy hippies/English professors/Renaissance Fair rejects share a hot tub at a bed and breakfast? Screamingly funny!
No! I wish I had, because all three of those groups were well represented at the retreat. Well, maybe not the english professors, but there were several Lit Majors. It was the kind of weekend that ensured you can't ever win "I never" again.
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,161
Points
27
I'm gone with the Democrats. Monica Lewinsky and Cuban cigars.
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30
For us Canadians,

Please add

Liberals
Progressive Conservatives
New Democrats
Reform
Bloc Quebecois

We won't even get into the mess of Parties in each of the different Provinces. (Sask Party, COR, Social Credit etc).

I'd have to vote for the Liberals. They'll screw anyone...if they can. Plus what other party has Tequila Sheila.
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30


Tequila Sheila is Sheila Copps (LIB).

She is the federal Minister of Culture and Heritage, MP for Hamilton, Ont.

How she got the name was from John Crosby (PC) (former finance Minister of the 80's) who made reference to a party he heard about. She was also a founding member of the "Brat Pack", a group of baby boomers elected in the mid 80's who tended to be second generation MP's.

Best John Crosby quote about her "You are a stupid witch". He of course had to apologize and did so much like Churchill would "I am sorry for calling you a witch".
 

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
9,890
Points
38
[moderator hat on]

Canadian options added to the poll.

[moderator hat off]

I voted for Republicans....same reason as bturk.
 
Messages
5,353
Points
31
Republicans - Hands down. You gotta watch out for those "quiet" ones and the ones you would least expect. ;)
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,624
Points
34
Heh heh, "Log Cabin" Replublican wasn't a choice. Now, if you're talking kink, it probably should be!
 

Tom R

Cyburbian
Messages
2,274
Points
25
kink

donk said:
For us Canadians,

Please add

Liberals
Progressive Conservatives
New Democrats
Reform
Bloc Quebecois

We won't even get into the mess of Parties in each of the different Provinces. (Sask Party, COR, Social Credit etc).

I'd have to vote for the Liberals. They'll screw anyone...if they can. Plus what other party has Tequila Sheila.
I would if I knew how. It took me two tries just to get the poll up.
Maybe I should rephrase that. Screw it!
 

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Messages
7,903
Points
35
's all right Tom, one of the other mods has done it already.

I voted communist - free love and all you know. But the bloc quebecois is probably pretty kinky too - "menage a trois" and all that, you know.

Donk - my fav John Crosby quote: "and that's more than just a slab of bacon", in reference to Debra Grey (Reform)...

You don't want to see a picture, honestly.
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30
I forgot to add another one about Nerudite's colourful Premier, Mr. Ralph Klein (PC).

Shows up drunk at a homeless shelter and tells them to all get jobs. At least that is how the media out here reported it.

Then there is the ex premier of NB who had pot confiscated from his bags, he did not know how it got there. (Richard Hatfield (PC)

Then there is an MLA who was charged with assaulting his son, and re-elected "'cause everyone knew the boy deserved it".

Then there is the MP in my area that has a son who is a big drug user and the police have raided his house.

Then there is the MLA who sent a letter to local businesses telling them in no uncertain terms that if they wanted government contracts they needed to donate locally to make sure he got back in. This one is currently going to court.
 

Tom R

Cyburbian
Messages
2,274
Points
25
choice

donk said:
I forgot to add another one about Nerudite's colourful Premier, Mr. Ralph Klein (PC).

Shows up drunk at a homeless shelter and tells them to all get jobs. At least that is how the media out here reported it.

Then there is the ex premier of NB who had pot confiscated from his bags, he did not know how it got there. (Richard Hatfield (PC)

Then there is an MLA who was charged with assaulting his son, and re-elected "'cause everyone knew the boy deserved it".

Then there is the MP in my area that has a son who is a big drug user and the police have raided his house.

Then there is the MLA who sent a letter to local businesses telling them in no uncertain terms that if they wanted government contracts they needed to donate locally to make sure he got back in. This one is currently going to court.
I think I would rather have kinky.
 

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Messages
6,377
Points
29
Republicans

I had the...missfortune of sitting next to Newt at the Kennedy Center to see the NSO and the man was just a PIG

course he had no idea i am a walking vision of all he professes to hate

nasty old man
 

nerudite

Cyburbian
Messages
6,544
Points
30
Awwww.... they added Canadian options after I voted!

Yeah, donk... ol' Ralphie is quite a hoot. But then mainlining liquor at every function will do that to ya.

I picked Democrats though... just because I was felt up in public place by Willie Brown a long time ago... (see the brush with greatness thread)....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top