• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Pratt Institute 🇺🇸 Pratt Urban Placemaking and Management

rowuse

Hello! Does anyone have experience in Pratt's UPM program? I was really fascinated because it's the only program I found that focuses specifically on placemaking and it seems like people who come out of the program will be really well-rounded. I'm also interested in gaining more exposure to urban design and it looks promising that the program is within the architecture school. However, since it's not a traditional planning degree, I'm not too sure what the jobs are like after graduation or how employable I'd be without an accredited degree.

Any insights would be helpful! Thanks xx

Welcome to Cyburbia. There are a lot of people on this website during weekdays, especially from ~8AM to 6PM, Eastern Daylight Time (E.D.T.). At other times and on weekends- a very light load. For maximum input, feedback, and interaction, please check in this Monday or Tuesday.
GRADUATE CENTER FOR PLANNING AND THE ENVIRONMENT VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE
For graduate programs in City and Regional Planning; Historic Preservation; Urban Placemaking and Management; and Sustainable Environmental Systems
Dates:
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 from 5:00pm - 6:00pm [E.D.T.]
Please rsvp to shetzel@pratt.edu for zoom link.
Source of zoom signup: https://www.pratt.edu/academics/architecture/graduate-center-for-planning-and-the-environment/