process tracking

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Hi all!

Ive been charged with trying to find some examples out there of computer based plan/process tracking. Be it some inhouse done program in access, a canned program etc.

Sugestions?

Danie

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tracking

We have been using Microsoft Project 2000 with limited success. Later this year we are going through a major conversion to a GIS compatible permitting system which has integrated tracking features. It's a custom application by Accella, and cost well into six figures....

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Both communities I've worked for have had limited success with project tracking.

We currently have a program called "GeoTMS", which our building department uses well for building permit/inspection tracking...but other departments have not been using it....so its usefulness has been limited....not to mention it is designed to be integrated into a GIS...which we still don't have. :(

In my previous job, it was secretaries using spreadsheets to track stuff...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Thanks guys.

The last place I worked, City of Greensboro *note dont be a planner there, great folks but no support* We paid well over 700,000 for a tracking system that was quirky at best, the boss here wants something like it for a few grand i think. Who says planners cant be dreamers?

D

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
NHPlanner wrote:

In my previous job, it was secretaries using spreadsheets to track stuff...

Hey - I'm using Excel to track applications! Of course, I'm just commenting on developments, not processing them.