• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

process tracking

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Hi all!

Ive been charged with trying to find some examples out there of computer based plan/process tracking. Be it some inhouse done program in access, a canned program etc.

Sugestions?

Danie

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tracking

We have been using Microsoft Project 2000 with limited success. Later this year we are going through a major conversion to a GIS compatible permitting system which has integrated tracking features. It's a custom application by Accella, and cost well into six figures....

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Both communities I've worked for have had limited success with project tracking.

We currently have a program called "GeoTMS", which our building department uses well for building permit/inspection tracking...but other departments have not been using it....so its usefulness has been limited....not to mention it is designed to be integrated into a GIS...which we still don't have. :(

In my previous job, it was secretaries using spreadsheets to track stuff...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Thanks guys.

The last place I worked, City of Greensboro *note dont be a planner there, great folks but no support* We paid well over 700,000 for a tracking system that was quirky at best, the boss here wants something like it for a few grand i think. Who says planners cant be dreamers?

D

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
NHPlanner wrote:

In my previous job, it was secretaries using spreadsheets to track stuff...
Hey - I'm using Excel to track applications! Of course, I'm just commenting on developments, not processing them.

Top Bottom