• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Project management systems

gtpeach

Cyburbian
I'm looking for an option for project management for the regional planning district. Basically, we have a mix of two functions - we staff the required MPO functions, so that runs much like a regular governmental board where there is regular meeting management, etc. And then we also contract with our member localities to provide planning services for them - small area plans mostly, but sometimes other things like infrastructure inventory, etc. And then we also seek out grant opportunities for other types of work related to regional initiatives.

What I'm looking for is a system to help track and understand where everyone's time is going across the organization. We typically develop Gantt charts for any project work we're doing, but that's on a project-by-project basis. So what I'm looking for is something that can help us plan out everyone's time over multiple projects/responsibilities. I want to make sure we're using staff effectively and that no one ends up with competing responsibilities on a given week.

Anyone have a system/service they've used that they think would be worth checking into?

Last edited by a moderator:

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
We use Trello for projects and for applications - we have a lot of hands in the pot on things so this makes sure everyone is working off the same thing - I love it more than google drives and the like. I think there is a function that allows for time tracking too so check it out!

gtpeach

Cyburbian
Thanks! I'm going to try one that I can get a free trial for. And if I get buy-in, I'll see if I can convince them to spend some money on a more permanent option. :)

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Are you looking for like a time management or billing system? I use clockify and share projects with co-workers to accurately track time spent on projects.