• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

"Prom Pictures"

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I love the 5th one where the girls are smiling sweetly and the guys are behind them scowling.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Mod Note:

Thread split, didn't think it fit in with the real picture thread.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Where in Philly did you go to school?

Some of those dresses... I know that they did not go to my school.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Are those prom pictures or photos from a UPN sitcom cast party? ;)

Last edited:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Huh?

Alan said:
Never seen any African American students at your high school prom?
Yes. ONE

The only African American in the entire 1200 pupil school. He was prom king that year too.

A few years ago he was a guest on the Jenny Jones show. Apparently the topic was 'sexy delivery drivers' and some women on his route called in a nomination for him.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Huh?

Alan said:
Never seen any African American students at your high school prom?
Alan,
That's a leap of logic. How do you know her comment was race based? I can see some serious issues in a few of those photos that are clearly fashion mistakes and not race based. I always wonder about folks that play the race card too early.

I think you need to make amends IMHO.

ecofem

Cyburbian
Honestly, I think some of these kids put a lot of time, effort and money into their prom-ware. I may not like all of the outfits, but I kind of like the coach or YSL-label dresses with the matching shoes and bags:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The eighth picture is ... uhh, interesting. Police cars and an ambulance on call?

Where'd you get those pictures from? Seriously, I hope this isn't the norm now for predominatly AA schools. I went to an integrated inner city high school, and blacks wore the same traditional formalwear that whites wore to the prom. This was about 20 years ago, but still, conventional promwear looks about the same today.

Live long and prosper! Behold, a rare image from the Linux High prom! Go Penguins! Will our sed and awk guru be getting lucky with the young wench he met at the school RenFair? He'll have to throw two ten-sided to find out.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I like the 9th pic...nothing like attending your prom as a prego with the belly exposed.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Dan said:
The eighth picture is ... uhh, interesting. Police cars and an ambulance on call?

Where'd you get those pictures from?

I noticed the cops and ambulance too. Fun FUn right. My bro sent me those, if you look at the pic with the "red carpet" the Toyota Camry has a NJ license plate, and the houses look very North Jerseyish. I'm saying Passaic or Fort Lee, NJ. There is a name of the school on one of the pics too, I didn't bother investigating further.

Lets just say that these pics brightened up the day of everyone in my office yesterday.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Alan most of the schools i have gone to i was in the minority.

The girls in the last pic look like they lost a fight with cat. Some of the outfits are pretty creative and cool-some I gotta wonder where the rest went (first pic with the pasties sorta things)

Yup im pretty conservitive when it comes to kids-white or black, that was not my point.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I just noticed the barricades with the "fans" looking at all the prom goers?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
the security guard in one of the pics is packing heat

sheesh my prom was so sedate