• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

puff, puff, boom!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
I smoke the rock (not cockpits) and I've heard stories about people that smell gas in their house and decide to lit a cigarette and boom.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
I smoke the rock (not cockpits) and I've heard stories about people that smell gas in their house and decide to lit a cigarette and boom.
Huh? I have no clue what you just said.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Huh? I have no clue what you just said.
Neither do I. Sorry self. You meant the rock as a joke but I'll just put it in Pig Latin.

Iaay okesmay hethay ockrayy, otnay hethay ockcay!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I see. I guess I just didn't understand how this was pertinent to the thread. I guess it just wasn't.

Jeff

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
I see. I guess I just didn't understand how this was pertinent to the thread. I guess it just wasn't.
You're catching on ;)

donk

Cyburbian
All of the houses in my neighbourhood with old people on oxygen have signs on the doors that say no smoking.

I wonder what the insurance company is going to say.

Tom R

Cyburbian
boom

When I was in Delaware, an electrician was working on a sump pump in a house in a relatively new subdivision. He threw his cigarette into the sump and if flared up. Anyway, the authorities were called in and soon the EPA was there in "moon suits" and all. It seems that the developer buried a lot of organic waste (grubbing stuff) in the yards. The stuff decayed creating methane which followed the gravel base of the sewer lines into the french drains. Everything had to be dug up and hauled. The developer went belly up and the county now has regulations on where waste materials can be buried.